Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Surly 1X1
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone own one? What do you think? Are they particularly heavy? Pics would be nice of course 😀

jonathan
    Free Member

Been one of my favourite bikes for years. Not particularly light, but they’re not the sort of bike you’d worry about that too much on. Just a really nice riding, solid, dependable ride. First one fell off a car at high speed, second one has been going strong for 9 years…

After 7 years my @surlybikes 1×1 is still my favourite ride… it rocks by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

Latest ones are designed around a longer fork (100mm) and have a slightly more dropped top tube to maintain stand over. Tyre clearance is monstrous. That’s 2.4″ Ardents in there and they are massive and they’ve still got loads of clearance. Used to run 2.5 Diesels and they had loads of clearance too. I see they suggest you could run it “mid-fat” now as well. And I also see pink has come around again as the limited colour, although the “pepto pink” is significantly brighter than the faded paint on mine!

surly20061127-224359 by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looking good 😀 Yes the new pepto pink appeals, I’ll maybe need to see if I can unearth one from somewhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Surly 1X1’ is closed to new replies.