Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Surfing Holiday Packages – any recommendations?
  • Jase
    Free Member

Brother in law has asked me to look on the net for a surfing package holiday and there are loads, so…………

Anyone got any recommendations for locations (Europe) and/or companies to use.

Wants to go next month if that matters.

Cheers for any suggestions.

stevie750

Surf School Lanzarote

Good instruction, quiet location

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

+1 for Lanza, especially this time of year – your best bet for decent weather without going too far, and almost guaranteed waves. I went in January a few years back and spent most of the week surfing in boardshorts and thermal rashie (you could spot the locals because of their full suits and hoods – they thought it was cold even though it was warmer than an average summers day here!).

You don’t mention what level of experience you’re at or but Famara is good for pretty much all standards and there are loads of local surf schools if you need them. There are more challenging reefs close by if that’s your thing.

Cheapest way to do it would be to get a cheap package flight out there with hire car included, and book lessons / tours / kit directly with the local operators, but if you wanted to book everything as a package, you could try these guys:

http://www.purevacations.com/europe/lanzarote/

Not used them myself, but they have been around for ages, so they must be doing something right.

A word of warning if taking your own board – do make sure it’s packed really, really well. The local baggage handlers are a nightmare. One of then rode over the tail of my Bear longboard in a truck on the way out, crushing an 18″ long section of the rail – this is despite it being wrapped in three layers of cardboard, lagging pipe and an old sleeping bag. I spent the week with it packed with wax and duct tape!

Jase
    Free Member

Thanks both, location looks good.

wallop

Not Europe, but Morocco is supposed to be good for this kind of thing.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Morocco is another good call – would also be great this time of year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Surfing Holiday Packages – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.