Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Surfers- Should i add a longboard to my quiver?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Longboards to shortboards is like 29er to 26er. Lovers and haters – horses for courses.

29er and Custard Point 9’6″ owner. 😀

phildowling
    Free Member

Well i’ve added one 🙂 a 9’2 and so far i love it, actually prefer it to the short board.
    Last night Rest Bay on the drop was cracking, 2 foot clean easy paddle out and virtually empty 🙂 Took me a while to get the hang of needing to move around to turn etc but it was awesome, so smooth and flowing.

Went in today bit bigger and bumpier, got nailed on the way out a few times but still great fun.
    29er’s and longboards rule 🙂

kaya
    Free Member

Phil welcome to the world of logs 😉 “waves from the other side of the country” Hope you have many glassy evenings and a long and happy relationship with your log 8)

Gav yes I agree there are some smooth shortboarders, But there are many more smooth longboard riders. IMO, Riding a longboard is about flowing with the wave and moving on your board with style and grace 8)

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Cheers gav, will do.
    Nice one Phil. You’ll be getting caught practicing you cross stepping on kerb stones soon then 😉
    Getting out at beachies when its big is a nightmare, but on the points a big board on big days is ace.
    Nice little wave at Whitesands last night + this evening on the drop.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Surfers- Should i add a longboard to my quiver?’ is closed to new replies.