Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Surface Computer
  • wheelie

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad which is bulletproof but ways a ton! I am Looking for a small computer for Garmin Discoverer when I fly abroad with the bike.

I don’t need anything particularly powerful, preferably with some kind of a mouse and keyboard. The Surface seemed to fit the bill, being very compact and light weight. It is just a bit pricey for what i need. Any recommendations? Look one out secondhand?

Thanks for looking

jonk

Asus transformer book? here

fooman

Hp Spectre x360 is my current pick, not a lot cheaper though. If you can live without touch screen asus zenbook ux305 is good value.

wheelie

Sorry I mean’t Garmin Base camp. Thanks for your replies, I’ll have a look.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have a look at the Lenovo Yoga laptop/tablets. The wife has one it’s very light and powerful enough to do most tasks.

aracer
    Free Member

If you don’t need a tablet, I’m typing on a Lenovo X121e, a proper computer, but almost as small and light as a Netbook. Not available new (I think Lenovo have stopped doing them that size, though similar things with 11″ screens are available from other companies), but it seems you’re not averse to s/h – I got this for £100 on ebay.

solamanda
    Free Member

My wife has a Surface Pro 3 and it’s simply amazing. It’s pricey if you view it as a tablet but it’s much more than that. It’s almost as fast as my high end i7 based laptop but much smaller, better screen and more versatile if portability is important.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Picked up a s/h Lenovo x220 for £150.

Small, pretty tough, light and cheap.

Really happy with it for the money.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s several tiny windows laptops at a few quid under £200 new. Should do the job well enough. PC world and staples stock a couple if you want to have a play with one first. We have a couple in the family, not stunning performance but its full windows, couple of USB ports, HDMI, great battery life, very light. An Acer and an HP IIRC.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Surface Computer’ is closed to new replies.