Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Surely one of the most pressing questions of the modern age…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

So a person has a shower before bed, do they apply deodorant before getting into bed or after the shower in the morning?

Should there be a deodorant free period in any 24hr period?

tinribz
    Free Member

Shower in the morning, who cares if you stink at home. Assuming you have no social life, or maybe that’s why?

Mrs 10 has to shower before bed every night. She thinks she sleeps better when she’s clean. She also puts on deodorant at night after the shower. When I asked why she looked at me like I was some kind of idiot and said “so I don’t get sweaty” I’m in the having a break from deodorant camp.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Who cares? You’re only going to be scratching your arse and farting? Wil Lynx make that better?

athgray
    Free Member

sounds like a bit of a middle class question loddrik. Chill out, watch the tennis.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ha ha 🙂 ^

MoreCashThanDash

If Mrs10 freshens up before getting sweaty in bed, I wouldn’t be asking questions…. 😉

miketually
    Free Member

If you shower every day you don’t need the deodorant, surely?

benji
    Free Member

I think people are confusing antiperspirant with deodorant.

Stop wasting water no one needs to shower before and after bed.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Two short showers?

I tend to leave the pit-seal off till morning, then wash me’ pits and apply it. ‘Crystal’ deodorants can work well: better than perfume, less pore-clogging than anti-perspirant.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Shower on rising. Do not apply chemicals under pits. Just a natural soap and rinse.

Allow man-stank to develop naturally as day progresses.

When peak pheromonal effect is achieved then enjoy resultant shaganigans

Go for swim. Maybe a pat dry with some clean moss.

Go to bed.

bigblackshed

Antiperspirant will help stop the bacteria growth which is what makes you stink. Deodorant is just perfume.

I’ll have a shower before bed if I’ve been working, that’s proper work, none of this desk-jockey business, and every morning. Antiperspirant in the morning.

If you don’t use antiperspirant then I’m sorry to tell you, but you stink by mid afternoon and everyone is too polite to tell you. By the way, the 1970s want their men back. There’s no excuse.

epicyclo

Fred, previously of this forum, recommended using cologne underarm instead of deodorant or anti-perspirant.

I liked the idea of avoiding chemicals underarm so I tried it.

It works for me. I now only use anti-perspirants if I am going to get really sweaty or going on a long ride in winter.

spooky_b329

Shower before bed for me (manual worker) and hate feeling sticky in bed.

Sure I read something recently that 24hr anti-perspirant works better if applied before going to bed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

More perplexing is why are companies stopping selling unperfumed deodorant. RG seemed to have just stopped ladies unperfumed that we all used. Most deodorants are worse that nothing IMO.

MrOvershoot

Like a few others I also do a physical job & going to bed without having a shower first would just result in me sticking to the bed clothes & no sleep at all.

matt_outandabout

Showers?
    Deodorant?
    Explain please…..

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think people are confusing antiperspirant with deodorant.

This.

If you don’t use antiperspirant then I’m sorry to tell you, but you stink by mid afternoon and everyone is too polite to tell you. By the way, the 1970s want their men back. There’s no excuse.

The stinky business does seem to vary a lot from person to person. Some people seem to have a lot more of the bacteria that break down sweat and as a consequence pong quite quickly, but if you don’t have that many of the bacteria it can take a long time to start whiffing.

miketually
    Free Member

Antiperspirant will help stop the bacteria growth which is what makes you stink.

Anti-perspirant stops you swearing by blocking the pores.

If you don’t use antiperspirant then I’m sorry to tell you, but you stink by mid afternoon and everyone is too polite to tell you.

You might, I don’t.

miketually
    Free Member

The stinky business does seem to vary a lot from person to person. Some people seem to have a lot more of the bacteria that break down sweat and as a consequence pong quite quickly, but if you don’t have that many of the bacteria it can take a long time to start whiffing

I think it’s food and/or weight related too. Or perhaps, exercise?

loddrik
    Free Member

I have to confess that I use the term ‘deodorant’ for both deodorant and antiperspirant.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Do some people really not shower before going to bed? Sheets must be dirty right away.

globalti
    Free Member

Mains water costs something stupidly cheap like 16p a ton so a shower is cheap. Anf if you’ve got solar hot water, still cheap. A shower before bed washes alll the salts off the skin that attract moisture and make you feel sticky.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah always shower before bed if only to wash the deodorant off

rob2
    Free Member

Depends if it’s a golden shower 😉

aracer
    Free Member

How exactly do you know that all the people who aren’t stinking by mid afternoon are using antiperspirant?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Surely one of the most pressing questions of the modern age…’ is closed to new replies.