Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sure motionsense deodorant – how does that work then?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Just saw an ad for the above, deodorant that senses when you move?!
    Has to be BS surely?

thehood
    Free Member

let me think.

adverts…… BS……

yup.

higgo
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Flaperon

I like the ad for antiperspirant that claims to moisturise your armpits. So… it simultaneously makes you drier AND wetter?

emanuel
    Free Member

probably aluminium,or allumminniumm,depending where you are.and moisturising cream.but I reckon the best thing is to shave your armpits.the sweat evaporates quicker,cooling you,as it’s designed to do.you also need less sweat,so you dehydrate less.plus it doesn’t smell so much.

organic355
    Free Member

That’s all very well, but when I sweat I would say it comes from my forehead 1st and foremost, and back & chest, not places I would put deodorant!

samuri
    Free Member

It’s only for women. Who don’t sweat anyway.

It’s a hugely condescending advert (like most of them) which suggests that women in some way move a lot more than men. I thought we banned sexism in adverts back in 1978 when we got rid of ridiculous statements about women being in the kitchen all the time but apparently not. But nobody seems to mind the sexism towards men when we are constantly portrayed as stupid, lazy, football loving, lager swilling idiots.

ho hum.

PJM1974
    Free Member

But nobody seems to mind the sexism towards men when we are constantly portrayed as stupid, lazy, football loving, lager swilling idiots.

Ironic stereotypes for advertising lolz.

Yes, it does suck.

ivantate
    Free Member

I saw that advert too. I made a nsfw comment along the lines of not believing in and then spent most the next hour trying to work out if movement split the lumps of ‘deodorant’ up or that it was temperature based. Assuming that they are able to prove the claim in some way.

HermanShake
    Free Member

It’s got to be layered particles which friction breaks down. By the way moisturisers work by using oils not water based substances. Anti perspirants act on water based substances. It’s like calling a roll on “a dynamic 3d applicator”. Use a rock salt deoderant, sweat is released anyway just elsewhere with an antiperspirant. Rock salt is just a simple, natural anti bacterial.

tyredbiker
    Free Member

I reckon that you have to wear those bell bracelets constantly so that partially-sighted odourising pixies can follow you…

HermanShake
    Free Member

Bell bracelets, like a powerband?

HermanShake
    Free Member

Bell bracelets, like a powerband?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sure motionsense deodorant – how does that work then?’ is closed to new replies.