Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suppliments – tell me about them….
  • Tiger6791

So in my quest to be healthy and trying to loose weight. Trying to drop from 16st 10lbs to 12st 10lbs.

Got rid of 2st 3lbs so far and have 1st 11lbs to go 😐

My diet now is pretty healthy with fruit, wholegrain & lean meats and very little processed sugar and saturated fat.

Just wondering if I should be taking any suppliments of any sort and why.

or is it just hocus pokus rubbish?

oddjob
    Free Member

s'bollox innit.

Cod liver oil and multi vitamin here, I think the CLO helps with joints, vitamin is almost certainly a waste of time and money

johnners
    Free Member

My diet now is pretty healthy with fruit, wholegrain & lean meats and very little processed sugar and saturated fat

Don't waste your money on supplements, you don't need them.

spacemonkey

Do you know if you're losing fat (the bad stuff) or just weight? There's a lot of talk about diets helping people lost the latter without really losing what they should be losing – fat. I'm certainly no expert but IMO some of this stuff does make sense.

Tiger6791

Loosing weight and that's all I care about

sofatester
    Free Member

Loosing weight and that's all I care about

Even at the expense of hard earned muscle?

zaskar
    Free Member

Supplements? I would just take one multivit a day to support your body to be healthy.

Diet?

Increase Activity (3 long workouts 1hr min) and reduce calorific intake (500kcal max), patience and brainz to spot problems and make changes.

You'll do it no prob.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If that really is what you're eating, you can't really do any better. All you can do is up the exercise.

Supplements for weight loss are bad mmkay.

Oh and it's "lose" weight – not "loose" weight 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe he has some loose weight? 😆

Didn't know this was an essay…

Spare tyre anyone?

Tiger6791

Even at the expense of hard earned muscle?

Tust me ther is **** all muscle in there.

So general consensus is no need for pills, sounds good 🙂

Simon-E

Don't waste your money on supplements, you don't need them.

+1.

Sounds like you're doing it right.

For anyone worried about their Omega 3s bear in mind that there are real doubts about the claims made for them. Often those making the claims are connected with those selling the product (I smell a rat, or the aroma of snake oil). Why not buy mixed nuts and seeds to add to muesli/porridge or as a snack. If you are still not sure you could always buy 1 jar of fish/linseed/other oil capsules or multivits+multiminerals and give them a try. If you feel no benefit then don't bother buying them again. Bear in mind that processed vitamins (from unknown sources) in a tablet will never be as good for the body as fresh food.

Supplements like Glucosamine, CoQ10 appear to be effective for individuals with a specific medical condition but that doesn't mean they will necessarily benefit the rest of us.

The Medicalisation of Everyday Life

brassneck

Wellman vits seem a decent broad multi vit and are always 3 for 2 in Boots.. I take em as a backstop, £12 every 3 months isn't so bad really.
    I also take veggie Omega 3 6 9 occasionally but I can't say I really notice when I do or don't have them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suppliments – tell me about them….’ is closed to new replies.