Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Supplements/protein
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Aware that the vat rate changes soon….where’s best to buy before oct 1st? Usually just used tescos/barrats

Jamie
    Free Member
    ska-49
    Free Member

I use myprotein.com
    Good quality at a great price. Big range and v. fast delivery.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Myprotein or bulkpowders, both great value with small price differences between them.

I’ve always had excellent service from MP so I use their price matcher and get the cheapest prices from both sites.

Unflavoured impact whey 5kg should be first on your list, but that’s a whole other thread!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Not used them before…what’s good to use? Apart from the impact stuff…..

hmanchester
    Free Member

That’s a big wide ranging question,

What are your goals?

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I Spose get a bit bigger….

Jamie
    Free Member

Pies then.

hmanchester
    Free Member

I’m that case keep it simple and just go for the plain whey and some ultra fine oats.

Stick these in a blender with whole milk, bananas, full fat yoghurt, frozen berries, cocoa powder, whatever to bump your daily protein, fat and carb intake up. Somewhere between 1-1.5g protein per lb bodyweight per day in total.

Go for a routine based on big and heavy compound lifts like Rippetoes Starting Strength or Wendler 531.

It’s suprisingly easy to put on quality muscle if you’re committed and organised.

Have fun and SQUAT.

jkomo

Holland and Barrett
    Prices of the expensive protein powders, maxi muscle, 40% off.
    Their own, half price.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seriously:

What does this stuff do for you?

jkomo

Makes me fart.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Does nowt.
    May as well have a tin if tuna, milk or a steak or some other high protein food stuff.
    Cheaper, better for you, more natural.
    maybe not as convenient but it can be with a little extra thought /effort.
    Don’t waste yer money!

hmanchester
    Free Member

Cynic Al:

Powdered whey and oats are cheap, convenient and highly effective foods/supplements. They allow the body to build muscle when combined with the right resistance exercise.

If you can get all your nutrition from whole foods then great. If it’s easier to supplement your diet to get to where it needs to be taking into account your limitations (time, price, taste, convenience) then go for it.

Jonny m:

Milk has more sugars in it than protein. Ok as part of your diet but far from ideal for providing a big chunk of your protein. Whey is just milk with most of the sugar and fats removed.

Tinned tuna. Ethical fishing issues, food mile issues, heavy metal issues, taste issues.

Steak : amazing food. £15 a kg min. Great source of creatine.

seavers
    Free Member

Makes me fart.

A high intake of protein makes my GF fart too….maybe I am doing wrong.

jkomo

Why would doing your GF wrong make her fart.
    Oh yeah…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Supplements/protein’ is closed to new replies.