Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Supertacky Highroller and Stans rims
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Can’t seem to get my wire bead supertacky highroller to sit in my stans flow rim. Does anyone have any tips as to how this might be made easier, I am using a Joeblow track pump which has been fine getting other tyres on the rims.

Thanks in advance

robsoctane
    Free Member

Same tires, same rims and guess what… same track pump too. No problem for me TBH.

Are the tires brand new?

My tires seem to pop into the rim at just over 40 PSI if that helps. May be a problem with the pump?

Good luck.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

My Joeblow wasn’t very good for tubeless- well made pump but very low volume, it shifted about half as much air per stroke as my (rather crappy) Airtower.

That’s probably not totally helpful but it got my wirey minions and swampies on no bother.

scaredypants

did you remember to take out the valve core ?

Highland28
    Free Member

Tyres have been used for a few months, non tubeless. Tyre goes onto rum fine with tube as to be expected, so I do have one bead in place. Might need to give that a go Ewan. I have tried it with the valve core in, worked fine with other tyres. But have also removed the core but to no avail. The second brad just doesn’t want to budge from the centre of the rim.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dual Ply HR with tubes and Flow Rims and JoeBlow no problem getting tyre inflated. My issue was getting them onto rims in the first place as they were so tight

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dual Ply HR with tubes and Flow Rims and JoeBlow no problem getting tyre inflated. My issue was getting them onto rims in the first place as they were so tight

stevious

Do you have some washing up liquid on there? I found putting ST High Rollers on ArchEX rims the bead didn’t want to move much, but a bit of lubrication really helped. Used one of the tubeless bongs linked to above too.

Highland28
    Free Member

Well I have tried the majority of what has been suggested with no luck. It just doesn’t seem to want to get the second bead onto the rim.

Northwind

Are they dual or singleply? WIth singles, you can get some success just pulling the tyre onto the bead a little (works better with an assistant this). DOesn’t really work with dualplies though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Supertacky Highroller and Stans rims’ is closed to new replies.