Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Supertacky High Rollers
  • Spud

Poop sticking to blanket performance? Or just heavier and grip not noticeable?

trailmonkey

Very grippy. Too grippy to have front and rear, like riding through treacle.

richc
    Free Member

Poop sticking to blanket performance, however bear in mind that the level of grip makes them very draggy. So if you are planning on riding uphill at all it is like you are riding along with your brakes slightly on (when I first fitted mine, I did stop a few times to check the wheel could spin freely).

Spud

Front only?

trailmonkey

front only for me

richc
    Free Member

Are you using them for DH (which they are designed for) or normal riding? as for normal riding I would just get some 60a's

Spud

I run 60a at the mo. Just pondering if one on the front would be better for wet rock etc?

momo

Try one on the front, but keep the 60a on the rear.

dasnut
    Free Member

minions, not high rollers people.

Spud

Why's that then?

grantway
    Free Member

Minions all the way on hard packed terrain or rock/slate.
    42a up front when wet and 60a kevlar on the rear.

If you want to go fast put a front tyre on the rear too.

james
    Free Member

Minions have more contact area than high rollers, so unless its sloppy then minions ought to be better

The folding 60a 2.35" high roller is a lot lighter than the minion one though (much more so than any other minion-high roller comparison)

Shandy
    Free Member

Front only. I kept checking for flats when I had one on the rear.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

put one on the front…they grip like those annoying thunderbugs grip to ur roof

forge197
    Free Member

They are grippy I tend to run 60a's for normal riding and if it's alps or very wet then the super tacky's come out.

Got some 2.5 3c's on my (assisted uphill's only) bike and they are awesome.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Just come back from the alps, downhill only, excellent. Use them in different specks for everything…

GeForceJunky

2.5 Minions, ST front and 60a front on the rear, both at 18psi = sooooo much grip 🙂 Just don't expect to pedal very fast uphill!

I did run a pair of ST single ply 2.35 highrollers on a xc bike and found them far to draggy and hard work.

Vortexracing

Just got a pair of st42a HR from Merlin (2.5") yesterday to try on my Alpine at llandegla today.

I normaly run a 2.35 st42a front and a 60a rear.

Bloody hell it was hard work, gripped like shit to a blanket but had more drag than Danny la Rue.

looking for a 60a for the rear ASAP. I'm bloody knackered and I only did 16 miles.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Supertacky High Rollers’ is closed to new replies.