Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Superstitious content.. Do things happen in threes?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Last 24 hrs..
    Handbrake cable snapped on my van.
    Computer broke and cost £100 to fix.
    Accidentally knocked favourite mug onto floor and spattered tea up freshly painted wall.
    So do things happen in threes?
    I’m not normally superstitious but that was a really good cup of tea and a lovely mug that fitted any dunked biscuit.

stgeorge

No, it’s fours 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes. Also ones, twenty-fours,three hundred and nineteens and in the millions, depending on your time frame.

Of course, it’s impossible to calculate how many things are happening right now, although the distance between the cause and effect pairing of some of them happen over distances so bizarrely huge that many great thinkers have concluded that the idea of groups of three runs of bad luck being common is a load of dingos kidneys. 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

But if I believe it’s three then my bad luck is over.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Touch wood they do!

dannybgoode

Not for us. Usually 5 or 6’s – generally spend our life lurching from one catastrophe to another…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Or in the case of Magpies……

CountZero

There was a time when well-known celebrities did seem to drop in threes, then this year came along and it seems like it’s almost continuous, sadly. Just a reflection of the fact that there’s a particular group of people who came to public attention at roughly the same period in time, and their age now means that a lot are sadly dying. Another one in the last day or so, Scotty Moore, Elvis’s guitarist.

onehundredthidiot

Yep definitely threes, sometimes it like rugby league. The end of one set runs into the start of a brand new set.

jam-bo

Depends when you start and stop counting.

BillMC

The unity of opposites
    The transformation of quantity into quality and vice versa
    The negation of the negation

Dalektics innit!

allan23
    Free Member

Misread thread title as trees, confused for a moment.

If I have two more confused moments today I may agree.

martinhutch

Boris quit as well, so you’re already up to four… 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Superstitious content.. Do things happen in threes?’ is closed to new replies.