• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nach.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Superstart Switch hubs
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy a set of 26″ wheels with a budget of no more that £250. Superstar seem to have a good choice of components but I know very little about their Switch range of hubs. Does anyone have any experience of these or Superstar wheel builds in general?

psycorp
    Free Member

Wheels are generally fine. I’ve had loads of sets over the years and had no issues. I believe the switch hubs are a generic OEM item from Novatec.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Factor in a pretty swift bearing change and they are ok.

cp

I’ve got a pair of ss 26 inch wheels and a set of self built bit using switch hubs. Hubs are just re branded novatec and are pretty reliable IMO.

The wheels are well built and have taken lead of stick. Arrived day after order.

cp

PS. There’s a 10% discount code on another thread.

swanny853

They’ve seemed pretty good to me. As said, allow for the fitted bearings to go fairly quickly, although the new one I built into a wheel for the oh last month just feels (scientific, honest) a bit better, so they might have improved.

Worth having a spare pawl spring around if its your only wheel set- I broke one servicing once and its a cheap thing to have ‘in stock’

thegreatape
    Free Member

PS. There’s a 10% discount code on another thread.

There is, but the short ginger fella that gave me that today, who I assume is fruit, said it was 15% off wheels just now. Or something, I wasn’t paying full attention…

nach
    Free Member

I got one of their wheelsets just over two years ago. When they arrived they were about 1mm out of true, and I’ve since upgraded the weeny XC rims they originally had, but the Switch hubs have been absolutely fine.

cp

15% off custom built wheels, which is their current monthly discount. 10% of everything else on their site which is a fort William special. Two seperate codes.

hora
    Free Member

Where??

thegreatape
    Free Member

FORT10

mcnultycop

My build quality was Friday afternoon, but the hubs have been good.

hora
    Free Member

On the engagement- do you feel the Switches 27 versus the Teslas 40?

PJay
    Free Member

So would the Switch be a better option than Shimano cup and cone hubs (Deore or XT)?

Potdog
    Free Member

Or for a few quid more, maybe these?
    Hope Tech Enduro 26″
    I will be bringing them back to the UK next week

nach
    Free Member

PJay – Member
    So would the Switch be a better option than Shimano cup and cone hubs (Deore or XT)?

While I haven’t specifically had Shimanos, I have had cup and cone hubs. I’ve found the Switches much better.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Superstart Switch hubs’ is closed to new replies.