Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 168 total)
  • SUPERSTAR WARNING!!! SUPERSTAR WARNING! PLEASE READ!!!!!!!
  • bigjim

I think it is perfectly correct to warn people on here.

Wait patiently for a response to your email enquiry from 9am tomorrow.

|Yeahhh, that won’t happen with superstar!

grum
    Free Member

Yeah cos you people dont also have money, flatscreen tvs, stereos, etc in their ‘homes’.

Jesus wept. Calm down. Jesus wiggle/crc hackers nicked card details purposely.

He sounds pretty calm to me. You on the other hand…..

And issues like this while not the end of the world in themselves, don’t exactly inspire confidence in their IT systems.

scotroutes

The OP is right to bring this to the attention of the forum, especially as someone posted a PSA thread about these seatposts earlier.

In the meantime, is everyone happy with the warranty situation?

mactheknife

I honestly do not want to meet half of you lot in real life, if you ever bump into me then please walk away, I think we will both be happier for it.

Sometimes i cannot believe what a bunch of uptight ar@eholes frequent this place. Judgmental and rude doesn’t even touch the tip of the iceberg, Maybe the Op was a bit on the melodramatic side but if he honestly got other peoples details and has no axe to grind then good on him for coming on here and explaining in case anyone had a fraudulent transaction.

robwms
    Free Member

Bloody hell, I didnt know there was a degree in forum thread titles.
    my rough idea of a title is to inform and attract attention at the same time.

if your not concerned by details being shared to the wrong person on a website – why the concern for JUST a name on a forum?

for your info I ordered at approx 4:30, clearly in uk working hours, tried phoning and emailing to no avail.

im not out to deface superstar, ive used the products and had no issues, hence buying more!!! merely their online system is failing..

so perhaps im not so irational after all…just saying…

the facts are quite clear, proof has been presented to superstar…

Northwind

andyrm – Member

Going on some crazy internet rant out of office hours is doing nothing to fix the situation.

Well, actually it is- because people reading this are less likely to use the site.

andyrm
    Free Member

And issues like this while not the end of the world in themselves, don’t exactly inspire confidence in their IT systems.

There was a post on their FB recently that they are having a new website built and migrated at the moment, but the developers have been a bit problematic. From my understanding of these kind of things through my own work, it could well explain it.

Yeahhh, that won’t happen with superstar!

I’ve always got replies in a timely manner when I have emailed. But then I make a point of always sending polite, to the point emails.

If you want thread title changed then use report post.

Just about to find the button on here and then will do – wondered how to do that! Cheers

🙂

wwaswas

Robwms – because google will pick up my name in here but not from a transient it error at superstar.

It’s not a big deal, I’d just rather you hadn’t

andyrm
    Free Member

I have all your details and I am going to tell all your wives how much you spend on bike bits!!!! Muahhahahahahaha

Ransoms and bribes to pleasedonttellher@overthebarrel.co.uk

Thankyouplease

🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

it is a classic case of blowing something out of proportion.

And the thread title is grossly misleading and disproportionate to the alleged issue

andyrm
    Free Member

for your info I ordered at approx 4:30, clearly in uk working hours, tried phoning and emailing to no avail.

If you emailed just after the order, it is likely to be in a queue of others that arrived around the same time. Hence why Trading Standards allow a business up to 5 working days to respond to an email. There’s not necessarily some little geezer sitting watching emails pop up and replying instantly. And even less likely in an SME in a manufacturing and distribution model.

bigyinn
    Free Member

andyrm IS Fruit / Neil.

BTW I’ve just ordered my disc pads and there wasn’t any weirdness going on, apart from some dropper posts trying to sneak into my shopping cart. 31.6mm begone, I need 30.9mm!
    Oddly my last order from SS was 2 years ago for disc pads, my my they are lasting well!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

andyrm IS Fruit / Neil

If that’s true that is really creepy and shows that leopards don’t change their shorts

andyrm
    Free Member

andyrm IS Fruit / Neil.

‘Fraid not dude. Wish I was, with a ready supply of good parts and stuff!

While I do share the Celtic ginger hair, that is as far as the realtionship goes I’m afraid, and I’m based in Bristol not Lincoln.

Northwind

Look at andyrm’s profile, does that look like an astroturfer to you? Definitely genuine. (possibly a fanboi 😉 )

This thread is full of weird.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I was joking, its just that is the sort of thing fruit has done in the past.

andyrm
    Free Member

If that’s true

See my reply above.

And there’s a couple of STW’ers who have met me in person in Bristol to pick up parts they have bought off me (Magura brakes if you search back through my posts).

Hope that clarifies things.

🙂

andyrm
    Free Member

This thread is full of weird.

Sure is!! Are we due a full moon?

grum
    Free Member

andyrm IS Fruit / Neil.

It’s a more plausible conspiracy theory than hora’s.

andyrm
    Free Member

hora’s conspiracy theory

Ooooh STW gossip? Does it involve lizard rulers, mystical eyes in the palm of the hand and hidden explosives in buildings? Sorry,, wrong thread.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[TANNOY]
    Kaesae to the thread please.
    Kaesae to the thread please.
    [/TANNOY]

grum
    Free Member

You’re involved too andyrm. You obviously have some special secret knowledge about the OP and how he’s ‘clearly out to harm a brand’.

hora
    Free Member

Mactheknife you obviously missed the full on/overkill weirdness. It was almost forum darkside/stalking for a very longtime. Superstar was promoting a start up and at times didnt help himself. However there was some weird behaviour towards him. Walk the other way?

Why? If your not being melodramatic are you some sort of angry type? Lashout and be upset at life? 😉

Calm down. Anyway Im out. If there is any fraud it’d be refunded. Stop the hatred. Idiots. Its tiring.

There are some sad elements on stw. Yep when two waves of card hackings of wiggle happed (a REAL problem, I defended wiggle. Some elements here were idiots then too).

andyrm
    Free Member

You’re involved too. You clearly have some special secret knowledge about the OP and how he’s ‘clearly out to harm a brand’.

Not involved in any way. I do however work in online sales and marketing so see a million and one emails a day from customers (generally filled with bad spelling, capitalisation and punctuation – never good if you are trying to make an impression) where they get all “emotional” for want of a better word. So yes, it could be argued I’m massively desensitised in favour of a business, and felt as an outside observer, that this seemed a disproportionate response with the intention of slandering SS’s brand name.

The OP has since further qualified his comments by saying he likes SS parts and has no intention of trying to damage their brand, so I will grant that maybe, just maybe, my comment there was slightly strongly worded.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you work in online sales then no doubt you’ll also know how important it is to customers that their details are kept private- how do we know that if addresses and names are being passed around that in once case card details may end up in the wrong hands and boom, someone loses a lot of money.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Are the dropper posts any good?

phunkmaster
    Free Member

What tyres should I get for . . . 😆

mactheknife

hora – Member

Mactheknife you obviously missed the full on/overkill weirdness. It was almost forum darkside/stalking for a very longtime. Superstar was promoting a start up and at times didnt help himself. However there was some weird behaviour towards him. Walk the other way?

Why? If your not being melodramatic are you some sort of angry type? Lashout and be upset at life?

Hora – no i am not angry at all. 🙂 honestly.

I guess i missed all the previous weirdness but i see a lot of it on here at times. Cyber stalking / bullying. All of it is on here to a degree. Just that a lot of people feel extremely safe behind a keyboard when it comes to dishing it out.

Oh i im one of the few folk who absolutely loves his life 🙂 Word.

andyrm
    Free Member

If you work in online sales then no doubt you’ll also know how important it is to customers that their details are kept private- how do we know that if addresses and names are being passed around that in once case card details may end up in the wrong hands and boom, someone loses a lot of money.

Card details are totally seperate via Paypal window. I have weekly conference calls with Paypal for my own work where we go through security updates, changes, improvements etc, and believe me, those details simply are not in the hands of an online retailer.

And I’m not in any way discounting that yes, it is important that data is looked after, but sometimes, something will go wrong. That’s just the nature of things. Because the payment is outsourced, in this case risk of losses are minimal if at all.

andyrm
    Free Member

Yeah as it happens. On the older i7/i900 types, it’s worth making a boot out of an old innertube as the seal isn’t amazing. I did that on mine a year ago and it’s worked perfectly.

Northwind

allmountainventure – Member

I’ve had an i900R for ages, it’s been great- but it didn’t work out of the box, and had to go back on warranty twice before Superstar- sorry, “the distributor”- got it going, with a short burst of blaming me for it all, and a garnish of not refunding my postage.

But honestly, totally worth it, it’s been fantastic ever since, used through scottish winters etc, no fuss.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Cheers

hora
    Free Member

How to seal the top end of the innertube effectively? Just a ziptie-‘collar’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

KS Post protection

in other news superstar in sh*te website shocker, I’m assuming it would be my fault if it didn’t work properly and handed my address to a random person 🙂 I’m probably safe as the damm thing never used to login long enough to order anything.

hora
    Free Member

So when in ‘attak-action’ it’ll look like a Whales baggy-foreskin? 😆

I was thinking the shaft inside the cut tube with zips at each end? (Top zip above redlever threaded througha small hole in side of innertube? Although any mud/grit inside would be ‘hidden’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So when in ‘attak-action’ it’ll look like a Whales baggy-foreskin?

Might do… though anything going on around where my arse is doesn’t need to worry about looks.

I was thinking the shaft inside the cut tube with zips at each end? (Top zip above redlever threaded througha small hole in side of innertube? Although any mud/grit inside would be ‘hidden’?

Yeah knew a few who had theirs covered but there was a need to remove it and keep it clean as it was possible to trap stuff. This just removes the issue, easy clean never needs removing.

Also worth noting that there was a batch/year of posts that were crap but were all fixed under warranty. I’d be asking what the arrangement was and wanting it in writing before buying.

hora
    Free Member

On the last bit. Sales of goods act should apply?

BigJohn

hora – Member
    Bizarre post op.

Don’t google “bizarre post-op” unless you have an open mind.

andyrm
    Free Member

Mine’s zip tied at the top. Made a little nick in the front and weekly, squirt some Rocol spray grease in. Every couple of months, I clean and replace the bit of inner tube. Definitely the best option with the gritty, sticky mud we get down here in the SW.

scotroutes

Warranty and Returns :

Superstar Components parts are all covered by a 2 year warranty. Because we only sell high quality parts we can offer this on all our products as long as they are use within the intended use of the product.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘SUPERSTAR WARNING!!! SUPERSTAR WARNING! PLEASE READ!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.