Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)
  • SUPERSTAR WARNING!!! SUPERSTAR WARNING! PLEASE READ!!!!!!!
  • robwms
    Free Member

after getting an email about dropper posts, went onto the site to buy, had trouble logging in, then when ordering had other things appear in my inbox, then got a guy called details come up, the order went through and I got the confirmation from superstar and paypal. However I then get a call from a guy called Kevin who says he has access to all my details. I have emailed and tried to phone superstar but to no avail at the moment! Not very happy at the moment! Just to warn you all!

matther01
    Free Member

Bollocks….just bought one too!!!

argoose
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up. 🙂

scaredypants

Luke B lives on here

… can you send me his bank details ? 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wtf?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oddly enough I kept getting logged out or getting other peoples details coming up.
    Won’t progress any orders there for the moment!
    I only wanted some new disc pads as I’ve none left! BOO!

Northwind

Can’t quite follow the post tbh? Luke Burstow is a STW-er, I think I’ve done some classifieds stuff with him.

robwms
    Free Member

Basically, I have all his details – address – order history – pretty much all his personal info, i screen dumped it on my phone to email to superstar to prove to them what I was seeing(i was on my mobile) and a guy called kevin has mine,(he has kindly phoned me up to tell me!) but who else does?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

mines fine

Gary_M
    Free Member

Basically, I have all his details – address – order history – pretty much all his personal info

Bank details? Or just the above, which whist not right isn’t that big a deal.

I used them yesterday with no issues.

jonba
    Free Member

I have emailed and tried to phone superstar but to no avail at the moment!

it is quite likely that at 6pm they have gone home. Might have more luck going through facebook rather than their official email system for out of hours?

wwaswas

I’m Luke B *waves*

I got 3 other people’s details at various points in the checkout process plus bits of their orders kept appearing in my basket.

Only thing I can say is

1) SS don’t store card details

And

2) I’ve avoided them ever since the debacle of him posting his own reviews on here and elsewhere. I got lured by a bargain and now wish I hadn’t.

I’ll see what turns up.

[edit] I’d appreciate any one who’s done screen dumps of my details deleting them. Ta.

robwms
    Free Member

i dont have his bank details as i have since logged out and re signed in to delete as much of my info as possible. it now comes up with my info. but earlier this was not the case…

hora
    Free Member

Bizarre post op. Looking at your history why would you choose stw to post this?

Dont get offended but ulterior motive?

legend
    Free Member

So if I try and buy something there’s a chance I could get it for free?!?!

😉

nicko74

3/10 – could clearly have used more exclamation marks in the title.

Sounds like something’s going wrong in their checkout sessions – so multiple people are being logged into one particular checkout session, adding items, putting their own details etc.

grum
    Free Member

I need some new brake pads, can someone post up an account/card details I can use to buy them please? Ta.

hora
    Free Member

I had no probs

zangolin
    Free Member

Agree with Hora. Why post and what is your motive? No problems for me on Superstar website.
    As Hora “says Bizarre post op. Looking at your history why would you choose stw to post this?”

munrobiker
    Free Member

The real Luke B has learnt his lesson from buying from the dishonest, deceitful, inflammatory, dislikeable little ginger snot rag that runs Superstar and will never, ever order his substandard products again, so it’s not that one.

hurbum
    Free Member

I just bought one and had no problems, bar the price jumped between adding to cart and confirming the order. I paid using Paypal though.

legend
    Free Member

Gingerist

robwms
    Free Member

No problem Luke B, only did it to show Superstar what i was explaining in my email. As for Hora, i really dont get what you could mean? looking at my history? what does that have to do with anything? Ulterior motive? If peoples accounts have been compromised I think the responsible thing to do is inform people. how else do i stand to gain? so much for helping.

Gary_M
    Free Member

What do you mean by ‘compromised’? Name, address, order history – hardly compromised is it?

retro83
    Free Member

Don’t be a bulb end hora.
    OP posted it and a regular user (bigyinn) has corroborated it. I saw some weirdness on their site earlier today too. Shopping cart page wouldn’t load properly.

BlobOnAStick

I saw the same thing, together with numerous bits and pieces added to my cart as I went through the process.

In the end however, I paid for a single dropper post at the advertised rate via paypal.

I thought it might have been just me (VERY outdated IT here) but it appears I wasn’t the only one.

dlr

I did two orders today, both seem to have gone through ok, just got the main order process one for the 2nd order I placed just before 5

robwms
    Free Member

Im obviously such a fool for informing people that their information IS in the hands of people who it isnt intended. I may not be a cyber geek or a troll, but i do understand that this isnt right. I thought, (foolishly it would seem) that as a pretty well read forum with alot of people who probably have ordered off superstar that this would be a logical place to post. Clearly not. I dont quite understand why you would have an issue with what I have written as it is the truth. Maybe you should just get out on your bicycle abit more…

hora
    Free Member

Probably people crashing his site. Ive seen the posts-rock etc but I dont get the hate towards him. Hes probably working his bollocks off to make it work. In todays society we should support fellow Brits and EVERYONE has been a **** at somepoint.

I will ALWAYS give anyone a second chance. Peace.

I just dont get the OP’s fervoured post after limited/gobi-desert previous posting history. Edit-cry somewhere else then?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’m being noticed on here far too much these days.
    Will try again later and report back.

BlobOnAStick

I’m with you robwms – best to let people know.

I have been somewhat cavalier in my online dealings today…… I may yet live to regret it.

jay91
    Free Member

The web page will not open for me

wwaswas

Not quite sure why the OP is being given a hard time. I’d probably rather he hadn’t named me just for google purposes but other than that seeing lots of other people’s names and addresses when making an online order is a bit worrying.

BlobOnAStick

Incidently, I get the impression that had I continued with the transaction, although the address on the site had been (Edit: the name mentioned above) that the paypal address would have been the one the good were sent to. The main issue would have been about ensuring that what I paid for was what I had ordered. I now have an e-mail confirming what I ordered and the cost.

I didn’t blindly click on the requistite buttons though, I checked everything quite dilligently.

andyrm
    Free Member

Probably people crashing his site. Ive seen the posts-rock etc but I dont get the hate towards him. Hes probably working his bollocks off to make it work. In todays society we should support fellow Brits and EVERYONE has been a **** at somepoint.

I will ALWAYS give anyone a second chance. Peace.

I just dont get the OP’s fervoured post after limited/gobi-desert previous posting history. Edit-cry somewhere else then?

^^This.

I wasn’t on STW around the time of the so called “debacle” (although in my interpretation and understanding of the facts it was far from), but I can say hand on heart I’ve ridden with Neil and he’s a good bloke with his head well screwed on. Sell as much volume as SS do, some will by definition go wrong. Some “warranty” claims are blatantly not, but in our “stupid consumers should have rights” culture, the bias is always against the business….

Anyways, back on topic. Payments are done through the Paypal payment portal, so SS never, ever have access to card or Paypal logins.

The worst anyone *may* know is what another rider has added to their shopping cart, if indeed this is the case.

As has also sensibly been posted, it is now out of business hours, so totally unreasonable to expect a response.

Wait patiently for a response to your email enquiry from 9am tomorrow.

In the meantime, stop trying to create a fuss out of nothing.

Given that someone had the mods change one of my thread titles last week as it contained a word that offended a person, I think it’s high time the mods change the title to something less dramatic, which is clearly out to harm a brand.

Perspective, guys……..

andyrm
    Free Member

Im obviously such a c*nt for informing people that their information IS in the hands of people who it isnt intended. I may not be a cyber geek or a troll, but i do understand that this isnt right. I thought, (foolishly it would seem) that as a pretty well read forum with alot of people who probably have ordered off superstar that this would be a logical place to post. Clearly not. I dont quite understand why you would have an issue with what I have written as it is the truth. Maybe you should just get out on your bicycle abit more…

Try presenting the facts, and only the facts, in a rational and well thought out, non-dramatic manner then.

Inappropriate thread title for starters, naming a member for seconds, lack of understanding of standard UK business working hours as a third.

Just saying……. 😉

Northwind

andyrm – Member

The worst anyone *may* know is what another rider has added to their shopping cart, if indeed this is the case.

And their home address. “I buy expensive things and I live here”, think that’s good to have leaked?

It’s not the end of the world but I find the attacks on the OP bizarre- shooting the messenger…

hora
    Free Member

Yeah cos you people dont also have money, flatscreen tvs, stereos, etc in their ‘homes’.

Jesus wept. Calm down. Jesus wiggle/crc hackers nicked card details purposely.

andyrm
    Free Member

And their home address. “I buy expensive things and I live here”, think that’s good to have leaked?

Not for a moment.

But as per my comments, the way this has been presented and the actions of the OP make me think it is a classic case of blowing something out of proportion.

Going on some crazy internet rant out of office hours is doing nothing to fix the situation.

And the thread title is grossly misleading and disproportionate to the alleged (and at this stage it is **alleged**, unequivocal proof has not been presented) issue, hence my thoughts that the mods should do something along the lines of changing the title to:

“Potential Superstar shopping cart issue”

– Simple, unemotional, factually correct.

wwaswas

There was a checkout issue , it’s not alleged, it’s real.

If you want thread title changed then use report post.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘SUPERSTAR WARNING!!! SUPERSTAR WARNING! PLEASE READ!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.