Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Superstar vs DT Swiss wheelset (or maybe something else)
  • spawnofyorkshire

Wanting to treat myself to a new wheelset and have about £200 to play with

Been looking at two 26″ sets;

1. Superstar Tactic on Switch Ultralite @£199
    2. DT Swiss Spline E1900 @£190 odd from Germany

Any other suggestions for the £200 mark? Looking for tubeless and easy hub maintenance because they’ll be ridden in all sorts of sh!ty weather

maddogmoggy
    Free Member

I bought some 29er Superstar wheels about 15 months ago. I’ve been really pleased with them: I’m about 100Kg and they’re a light set at about 1650g and have been very robust.

I converted mine to tubeless (my first attempt to go tubeless) and using their valves and tubeless rim tape it was really easy – not the trial I was expecting (I used Specialized tyres and Stans sealant and did them each in about 10 minutes using a track pump).

The only problem I’ve had is the freewheel snapping, (about a month ago) which they replaced without a problem for free (two year warranty) with an updated model (4 pawls instead of 3 and more meat around the pawl area).

For me they were a real bargain.

spawnofyorkshire

thanks moggy 🙂
    Which rim / hub combo have you got?

Anyone got experience of the DT wheels in comparison?

spawnofyorkshire

bugger it i’ve just ordered the Tactic rim on Switch ultralite combo with a 10mm thru-axle.

lets see how that gets on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Superstar vs DT Swiss wheelset (or maybe something else)’ is closed to new replies.