Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar tubeless conversion.
  • davesmate
    Free Member

Has anyone used the superstar tubeless rim tape/valves to convert a rim? Had plenty of kit from superstar and 90% of it has been fine but I do find they can be a bit hit and miss quality wise.

Yak

Yes, currently using ss tape and valves to seal a tubeless ready rim. All fine and tyres inflated first time with a track pump.

deano8
    Free Member

It works fine mavic xm719 rims. Had to get the local bike shop to inially inflate but apart from one of them slowly losing pressure it’s been excellent.
    Northwinds top tip- put child’s glitter in with the sealant, it sorted my slow leak, although a small lose of pressure is normal some say.
    Good luck

Northwind

That’s someone else’s top tip that I stole 😉

The Superstar valves are ace- nice fat conical base so they seal better than anything apart from maybe the much more expensive Roval ones- not at all choosy about the valve hole being taped right, and they fit in drilled out/schraeder rims too.

Haven’t tried the tape yet though.

BoardinBob

SS valves here. Zero problems.

dantsw13

Ive tried the tape on my new tactic rims. Exactly the same as Stans tape, IMHO. The standard SS tubeless valves are quite short, but I like that.

Kato

Tape and valves here. No problems.

davesmate
    Free Member

All positive then. Just ordered tape and valves, see how it goes.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Deano8
    Did you not use rimstrips like the stans one’s, with your XM719’s? Or just multiple layers if tape?
    Also did you drill the valve hole?

I’ve got some XM719’s I’ve been thinking of converting.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar tubeless conversion.’ is closed to new replies.