Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar Switch Ultra rear hub help
  • Simon

The QR axle on my Superstar Switch Ultra rear hub has snapped.
    Replacements are out of stock at Superstar. I believe the hub is a rebranded Novatec, so can I buy a replacement axle elsewhere?

poah
    Free Member

Yip, they are 4in1 881/882 hubs

Simon

Thanks. I’ve found the axles on the Novatec European spares website for €15 but I can’t figure out how much the postage is.
    Also found some steel ones on EBay, so I might get one of those as it’ll hopefully be stronger.

BFITH
    Free Member

If its a 9mm youre after – swap for a 10mm (I had 2 snap on me after installing an Ultra free hub and was advised by SS to fit a 10mm).
    If its a 10mm one youre after, I recently got one of these from amazon
    (Waited over a year for superstar one and still not in stock)

Linky

It does the job – and hasnt snapped yet! 😉

Simon

Cheers, that could be a good option.

medoramas
    Free Member

Is it 10mm through-axle you’re after? If so – I have a spare one, with the skewer. SS sent me my wheel back with this axle by error after repair (it should be 9mm “old-school” thing).

BTW my hub kept snapping this things regularly – I sent the wheel under warranty and they replaced the freehub body.

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve an “old school” QR axle/endcaps for the Switch rear hub (bought from here before discovering my hub isn’t a Switch) that I’ve been meaning to sell. Tenner posted?

docrobster
    Free Member

+1 for swap to 10mm bolt through if it’s a standard 9mm qr.
    I snapped 2 in quick succession, and also snapped the original free hub. Presumably damaged when the axle gave up as we were descending garburn pass on the hardtail at the time it happened.
    Since swapping to the ss 10mm bolt through, with the new freehub, it’s been fine. I bought a Ritchie’s rws skewer as the ss ones are out of stock.

Simon

Thanks everyone, I bought Novatec D882 steel qr axle from EBay which fits the Superstar Switch Ultra hub perfectly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162324518461

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Switch Ultra rear hub help’ is closed to new replies.