Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Superstar Switch hubs (f) – bearing swap.
  • colournoise

Sure there was a thread about this a while ago, but can’t find anything using the search.

Swapped out the rear wheel bearings on my switch/arch wheelset fairly easily, but can’t get the front ones out. End caps off and instructions just say to drift the front ones out but can’t do it for the life of me. Can’t seem to get enough purchase on the bearings to get them to move.

Is there some knack to it that I’m missing?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

If its anything like a Hope Hub I normally use an alloy drift/punch but it needs to have a good edge on it and not blunt, Just place the punch inside and try to push the inner spacer over slightly at the same time, swap side occasionally and they should both bosh out no problem.

Are there any cir clips on the outer edges? check first, i think the switch hubs have rubber coated ones on the rears, but I’m not sure about the fronts. hth

johnnystorm

Takes a while and a drift with a nice defined flat edge. And plenty of twatting with a big hammer.

johnnystorm

Gah, too slow. What he said!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

What size drift do you need?

rsl1
    Free Member

It’s quite hard to get between the axle and bearing, I have a flat head screwed offset into a piece of rod to get it started off. Also may be obvious but first time I did it took me a while to realise my brake disc was stopping the bearing from moving

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Switch hubs (f) – bearing swap.’ is closed to new replies.