Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Superstar Super Legga hub rear… 120 POE ! & other hubs ?
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Hello there chaps.
    Anyone run one on the back & hows the reliability etc
    Seem a bargin as i like the instant pick up on these hubs…

Chris Kings are nice but far too exspensive had them before but only way im getting again is to buy a decent 2nd hand pair with wide 32mm rims which not too many people have ?

New Mavic hubs are super smooth & finaly sorted there freehub body out..
    Again cant justify buying a new pair of 2009-10 Deetrax at £300 when a good used pair go for around half ish ?

Any combos which are well as i need a 32mm min rim as run 2.5 tyres as not keen on the tyre wobble/flex..

Realy impressed with the price of the super leggas but …..Mmm i dont know TBH ?

penguinni

I had one and was initially very impressed with it. But after about 6 months the freehub began slipping. Faffed around with it with but it still slipped.Spoke with SS and they werent too concerned – invited me to send the hub back for a wee look but as they were going on holiday that would take a couple of weeks.So I then bought a replacement freehub. It worked brilliantly but less than 20 miles later the entire hub failed. Seems like something inside went all wobbly and loose.

So I gave up and bought a Hope Pro2 and its excellent!

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Mmm thats what i dont need .
    penguinni Cheers fella. as just been looking at the Sun ringle hubs too the reviews seem Mint …

I hate buying wheels as too many options.
    Like Hope but not too keen on the super CLICKY.But i must say reliable A+

Splash-man
    Free Member

If you don't like the clicky Hopes go for a super silent Mavic. Been riding mine for ages and got used to it, then took my bike out with the Hope Pro 2 on it and scared the living daylights out of myself the first time I free-wheeled. Felt so stupid…………….

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

LOL i know its semi weird…
    Id love a pair of the NEW crossMax SX but too exspensive at £580 a pair
    Guy on here had a new pair £450 + postage but cant(dont want to spend) that much TBH
    Few Chris King WS on E-bay but still wondering

Easton Havoc maybe…Still getting swayed to Mavics tho..
    New deetrax £297 posted now ?
    Arghhhhh…..Pi$$ed off with stress as need a nice pair soon as … 😕

Splash-man
    Free Member

Hmmm – seen the Easton Havoc on the new Kona – do look nice even if the logos are rather BIG.
    No idea how they ride tho 😕

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

When you say POE, you mean POS, right?

firestarter
    Free Member

i used to have easton havocs and i thought they rode like they were very heavy. it was odd thb they werent mega heavy but just felt like it

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Points of engagement NO LOL.. ❗ 😳

spock
    Free Member

Why not go for the cheaper superstar switch hubs, it seems the reliablility issues are to do with the super fast engagement. The switch has a very similar if not same engagement as the hope pro 2's .

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Bugger it getting a pair of these …………………………………………………………………………..

overkill but **** IT 😉

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Why not go for the cheaper superstar switch hubs, it seems the reliablility issues are to do with the super fast engagement

No, it's to do with them being superstar components.

…catch fire and you'll die etc etc….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Speeking of hubs, have you posted my wheel yet?

infidel
    Free Member

I bought a pair of whhels last year built on Aireal hubs – they were an Aus brand who have since folded their bike arms (they make parts for satellites etc and like riding, decided nothing was good enough on the market so made their own hubs then realised it was taking profit from the space stuff so stopped) – however Evolution bikes in Eastbourne used to be the distributor in the UK and still have some stock. They are selling complete pairs built up for around £200 I think…. I love mine FWIW…

hora
    Free Member

I went from a King rear hub to a (Evans) £157 Hope/DTEX500 rear. Perfect for the job.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon…

Damm. still need to get box bud.Will do asap & found a pair of spare bearings for it too.
    SORRY for the delays bud…. 😳

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Super Legga hub rear… 120 POE ! & other hubs ?’ is closed to new replies.