Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Superstar Rotors
  • kjb9
    Free Member

Has anyone used the Superstar floating rotors,thinking of getting some as they are half the price of the hope ones. The big question is are they half as good?

joolsburger
    Free Member

kjb9
    Free Member

Am I missing something?joolsburger

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Very happy with SS 180 floaters both ends on the FS bike, with XT brakes. No complaints at all. Finish/quality is v.good
    Did experience fouling of the ally spider on the back caliper adaptor bolts as it’s quite thick. Bolts easily trimmed with grinder or file – Not a problem.

deviant
    Free Member

Bought Superstar floating rotors for my bike….didnt fit the Shimano calipers i have on the bike, the disc was too thick….informed Superstar of the problem who initially told me to file down my caliper to allow the disc to fit!….when i said i wasnt interested in doing this they took the discs back and replaced with standard items that do fit….didnt have any problems with their customer service and will happily use Superstar again now.

barbus
    Free Member

Cant comment on the S/S ones but Im very disapointed with my Hope ones, they have developed a lot of play in the large rivet that joins the friction surface to the alloy spider. In fact its now so bad I can feel and hear the ‘take-up’ when I apply the front brake while riding.
    Also it feels like the headset bearings are about to drop out every time I rock the bike back and fourth with the front brake on.
    Hope say its normal.
    They had no play when new or a year later so I cant really go for that.

Floating rotors?
    NO THANKS.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have used the cheap plain ones that where about £14. Can’t say I noticed any different over the standard Avid’s that came with my juicy’s would def buy them again as they are half the price.

fivespot
    Free Member

Not tried SS floaters, but just ordered an Ashima 180 Air Rotor from Merlin for £13.46 posted (thats with their VIP discount). Over 30% lighter than the SS rotor, SS=160g, Ashima=112g (both quoted weights for 180 size) 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Rotors’ is closed to new replies.