Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Superstar QRs – any experience
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

no pissing about with the octopi etc – just want an opinion on the wheels QRs

mttm
    Free Member

Got the hollow steel ones, and been using them for a while – they're fine. They have quite a pronounced cam action, if that matters to you. Need tlc as with all external cam QRs.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

external cam – like shimano or hope?

mttm
    Free Member

Like Hope.

mttm
    Free Member

Sorry, would have been a bit quicker but was just eating my tea…

njee20
    Free Member

Quite like the look of their new lightweight ones, slightly concerned that Planet X told me they're very much road only, whilst Superstar have said they're fine for either!

monksie
    Free Member

I bought a pair of the hollow axle version two weeks ago. The bike (mountain bike) they have been put on has probably done 100 miles since then and have probably been fastened up and unfastened when packing the bike away and getting it out again and they've been fine.
    They weigh 5g each more than advertised (or that could just be my scales).

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

how much less than a standard QR tho?

DT78
    Free Member

Got some of the hollow ones – had them for quite a while now, maybe coming onto a year no problems to report. One thing I really like about them is the little spring is attached to the ends so doesn't ping off when you remove it (I do this every ride for storage reasons)

I'm tempted by the new really light ones, but there is nothing wrong with the ones I've got (other than being 40g heavier I supose)

sv

Brant claimed that the older hollow ones would be too light and therefore stretchy – he ran the weights/figures through a big computer of something like that. Maybe that's why Neil was dissing his products in return!!! I have three front SSC QR in my garage – not used 😉

BadlyWiredDog

I broke the lever on the 10mm rear version, snapped in two when I was opening it. Unimpressed but I don't know how that relates to the normal diameter ones.

brant
    Free Member

I seem to remember the steel ones are the same weight as the ti ones, so like for like they're as flexy as the ti ones, and ti ones aren't great to run on a suspension fork as they, er, flex.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Superstar QRs – any experience’ is closed to new replies.