Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Superstar pads so whats the latest verdict then ?
  • oldfart

As it will cost me £60 for 4 pairs of Formula and £22.95 from S/S is it worth taking the chance as i don’t fancy finding out they are cack when i’m trying to stop !Do they still come away from the backing plate or was that just a duff batch ?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Work fine for me. Had a couple come off the backing about 18 months ago but fine since.

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m running them just now with alligator rotors, combined they squeal like you would not believe.

Saying that I haven’t had any problems with them on any of my other brakes and a lot of my mates run them and they’re fine.

footstomper
    Free Member

As above problem solved a while back 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

I’ve pressed the back button 5x now and I’m still on this same page?

timwillows
    Free Member

I found they had a bit less feel, but worked fine – definitely OK for winter

ruddy
    Free Member

Used some in the alps, lasted one day and then lost all power but still had meat left on them though. Think they may have glazed over.

Comparatively the replacement shimano’s lasted the rest of the week, not problems.

Would not buy again.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Latest sintered ones are great.

Recommended.

zangolin
    Free Member

Been fine for me.
    On my 4th pair of sintered on a DH bike – Saints on Hope floaters – been fine.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had big problems with the bad batch a few years ago, but ever since then they’ve been great. The resin ones aren’t as good as OE Magura pads (What is?) but the sintered are my pad of choice on Shimano brakes. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Made of Cephalopods. fit cruelty free pads

markrh
    Free Member

Pads good, web site not quite so good.

juiced
    Free Member

woolly hat shop pads are great too. ( at least my older ones that are still going strong are). I stuggle to notice the difference between these and OEM’s.

stumpy01

Been using for 3+ yrs including 3 trips to Spain, which result in much mincing & brake dragging.

Never had a problem. They do like a nice bit of bedding in.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

or £17.50 for 4 pairs of semi metallic Formula pads from http://www.discobrakes.com?

http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=0&c=5&p=14&

Kevevs
    Free Member

Is it just on Superstar pads that the pad comes off the backing plate or is it a thing that just happens with pads sometimes?. I ask as a mates girlfriend had the (unworn) pad come off in this way on a 2nd hand bike she bought, I immediately thought “superstar”? and I’ve also been put off buying them since some moans a while back.

PeteG55
    Free Member

A guy in my club had it happen to a pair of genuine Hope pads. Wouldn’t get too excited. About to order up another 4 pairs for myself.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the kevlar ones yet? thoughts?

Lummox

i’ve had about 6-8 pairs of superstar sintered on various bikes and various brakes, loads of gritty welsh riding, commuting and wet hampshire claggy clay.

They’ve been faultless, as have every other person’s i know thats fitted them.

A mate has the kevlars in some Hope tech m4’s, he reckons they’re eyeball loosening.

There will always be people jumping at the chance to knock superstar down, i will not be one, everything i have ordered has met or exceeded my expectations including the tools which appear to be very good.

juiced
    Free Member

never had any problems with ‘post seperating batch’ ss ones.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Superstar pads so whats the latest verdict then ?’ is closed to new replies.