Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Superstar pads (if you don't use them, go away..)
  • takisawa2

I’ve sheared the pad material off by my hamfisted wheel insertion methods.
    Perhaps this might have been a cause ?
    The Superstar BB I bought seized solid after 1 wet ride.
    The tools look decent value though.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Kevlar ones here used with no probs. Especially like the red colour which glams up my bike no end….

( you mean you don’t have colour matched brake pads omg omg…;) )

zangolin
    Free Member

Sintered on M810 Saints been fine on my DH bike for the last 3 months.

scraprider
    Free Member

some times a bit noisey, but lasting for ages so far, well happy.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Had big problems with them in the past..

Then I read the instructions and bedded them in properly …. no problems since…

Ignore the haters, cos they are wrong.

Supersatr pads are spot on.

KonaTC

Used them on and off for 3 years and along as you bed them in they are fine, why pay more…

Northwind

Zukemonster – Member

( you mean you don’t have colour matched brake pads omg omg…;) )

Heh, I had that in France, one of the other guests was dead impressed by my colourmatching. I wasn’t really sure if that was a good or bad thing tbh.

tf
    Free Member

Used the sintered SS 810 Saint replacement this year; even cursory visual comparison with a Shimano or Fibrax pad makes it clear why these are so cheap: the sintered material is visibly far less homogeneous, uneven around edges, and the edges crumble off in use. Did not find it a problem on short UK runs, but in the Alps this summer some of the crumbs got welded to the disk. I will not be using these again now that Fibrax do 810 pads. (They also last noticeably less than Shimano or Firbrax pads.)

julianwilson
    Free Member

once with ssc’s and once with imperials (no longer seem to be available 😕 )
    A couple of other sets of both have been fine though.

r0bh
    Free Member

I had a Superstar sintered pad come off the backing a month or so ago. The pad was quite new in that it had only been on the bike for a couple of rides, but old in that it was bought at the original Hit the North over two years ago (I don’t ride my MTB very much!)

U31
    Free Member

Got them on all the fleet of dandyhorses here, no problems so far, and i reckon the pads in the patriot are knocking on for at least 18 month old and still plenty of life in ’em

grtdkad

No problems here – confident in use on lots of fast swoopy descents.
    (SS Reds in XTR calipers)

Milkie
    Free Member

My mates came away from the backplate the other week, bought in January 2009, replaced foc by superstar. That’s the only problem I have experienced with the 40 pairs me and friends have bought over the last 3 years.

bigyinn
    Free Member

A friend has used them and lost the backing off a couple of sets. They were bought around the time that SS had the separation issues, but he also tends to neglect his bike.
    Im currently running the SS kevlars in my XT brakes and find them very good. Not sure how they’ll fare compared to sintered over the winter filth though.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Superstar pads (if you don't use them, go away..)’ is closed to new replies.