• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Superstar Pads & Hayes Nines
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Use Superstar pads & find them OK, but the buggers are a right faff to fit and rub for quite a while when first fitted.

Pitsons pushed right back on install. Anyone else get this and is the answer to file down the pads first?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Had it with every pair and disco brakes versions. Try releasing some extra brake fluid through the lever resevoir bleed point (obviously with your lever rotated so that the bleed point is uppermost)pop out the screw.plug and put an old towel over the bleed hole then carefully and slowly push the psistons an extra mm or so back into their pots. You will find that there is only a mm difference between OEM pads and the Superstar/discobrakes ones and this will be sufficent to allow them to fit.
    I have to say though it is very frustrating and we are not the only people to have ever suffered this and its not like the companies dont know because I have emailed them before.

z1ppy

Ditto suggsey’s comment on other brake pad makes & draining excess fluid

stevomcd
    Free Member

Always seems to be a “problem” with Hayes 9’s, no matter what brand of pads you use (Hayes included). They always wear in after a ride or 2.

fbk
    Free Member

Same with my Hope and formula Brakes. Superstar sintered do seem particularly thick and slow wearing though – NOT a bad thing 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Pads & Hayes Nines’ is closed to new replies.