Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • superstar pads
  • dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

who has seen their pads seperate from the backplate? happened to me this weekend at the fod on race day, went to put my rear wheel in and nociced the pad hanging out of the caliper.

gutted 🙁

montylikesbeer

Anyone for octopus !

Northwind

I’ve had it with Shimano and Carbon Lorraine, and partly with Disco, but never with Superstar though I’ve used many times more SS pads. Also seen it happen to Hope OEM pads, and heard of it happening with every manufacturer I can think of.

Basically, it’s just something that happens sometimes, and which this forum gets hysterical about if there’s an octopus involved but otherwise just ignores.

barrykellett
    Free Member

/* Thread hijack

Northwind – check your email in your profile!

*/ Hijack end

montylikesbeer

For the record I have only used ss and found them to be bob on (never failed)

bigjim

Not had that but their pad sizes have been getting well shonky, the last set I bought had a pad size a few mm too small, so the spring wouldn’t stay in place against the backing plates.

retro83
    Free Member

can happen to any pad, happened to OE ones on my avid juicys. I reckon it was jiggling the disc about trying to get it back after taking the wheel out that fecked mine.

(excepting the dodgy SS batch from a few years back of course)

dan1980
    Free Member

Had it happen with Shimano OEMs but never with Superstar.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

well i’ll stick with em i guess, ive been through 7 or 8 sets now and been happy with them overall. my fault for not going prepared as always.

#learnme

ruffride
    Free Member

Bad batch then contamination when they where made I always use ss wear bit faster but 3rd of the cost lol should say the crap as they will bump prices up

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

yes, i had a set of superstar pads where both pads fell straight off…

spacemonkey

Nope, not here.

lipseal
    Free Member

Equates to

MartynS

yep, ages ago with 2 sets. Was given some recently and are on the Hardtail. So far no bothers, infact I need to check them ’cause they might need changing soon.

Its only ever happened to me with SS pads, I’ve used Hope,Clarkes,EBC, and SS

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Dirk- you still got the NS? How’s tricks bud?

dingabell
    Free Member

I’ve had two sets go, and a mate’s had two go as well. Won’t touch them now. Get my pads from Disco Brakes and have never had a problem.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Ey up gazza, aye still on the ns. Its on top form at the moment, cant see me getting rid any time soon. We’ll have sort a bit of an xc razz if you fancy it? I’ll pm you soon 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Never had it happen to me, but then I have mechanical sympathy. My mate lost a brand new pair to delamination, but he is a cack handed donkey and shoves his back wheel in like he’s setting fence posts…

cakefacesmallblock

Bought 4 sets of SS sintered pads at MM last summer and will be ordering more soon, been fine.

verses

Slightly OT, but anyone else having problems with the SS site this morning? Just seems to be showing me a login page all the time.

Tiger6791

all made in same factory in china as every other pad innit

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ll be up for a razz Dirk, let me know when you fancy it. You can lend some brake pads, only got superstar ones though 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘superstar pads’ is closed to new replies.