Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Superstar pads.
  • Smee
    Free Member

Anyone still using them?

Are they still crap?

I am due some new pads for my juicy brakes.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Just bought some elixir and juicy pads for my Flow and Pace respectively, and no complaints, did squeal like a bitch while breaking them in though. (The pads, not me)

Del

discobrakes.com

Drac

I've used them without any problems at all for the price they were a bargain got them on offer 4 pairs.

rOcKeTdOg

6 months of no probs with superstar avids

Smee
    Free Member

What compounds are you using?

Drac

Sintered IIRC.

glenp
    Free Member

Sintered last for ages – bargain.

Peetee
    Free Member

They offer a 45 day money back guarantee on pads… so I thought it's certainly worth giving them a go and have just fitted some to my XTRs. Not had time for a proper ride yet, but initial impression is good.

Seamus
    Free Member

Sintered last for ages, no complaints here. I've even managed to rescue some contaminated ones without the backing falling off.

AlasdairMc

Sintered have been excellent, I've had a set on for nearly a year on my big bike with no issues.

I don't trust their organic ones due to bad experiences with a "batch" of them.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I have used both sintered & organic with no problems & you can't really beat the price 😀

It's a shame that Fruit has gone quiet, I used to love his posts on customer complaints 😆

nuke

Had some of the original ones (organic?) and they lasted literally miles during the winter months so instead used Avid sintered. However during the summer months the Superstar ones have actually been pretty good and lasted well. Just got some Elixirs so probably get some sintered Superstar pads for them.

Gribs

I use sintered ones on my hope mono m4's and they've been fine.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No problems from me either, would and will use them again

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Organic = Pooperstar IMO.

RealMan
    Free Member

Never had problems with them.

cp

A year on sintered in my juicy 7's and they are better and far longer lasting than avid oem. I'd say they are only just over half worn!

izakimak
    Free Member

i've got some kevlar one's which are great in the dry and interesting in the wet. They are lasting well though.

sv

Yep normally use sintered now trying the Kevlar ones.

retro83
    Free Member

have had 500 problem free miles out of my current set of SS organics so far. Got some SS sintered waiting to go on when they eventually die.

Seamus
    Free Member

izakimak – Member
    i've got some kevlar one's which are great in the dry and interesting in the wet

Interesting in a good or a bad way? I was thinking of trying some next

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Superstar pads.’ is closed to new replies.