Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar pad for m4
  • domcapper
    Free Member

Trying to order some new pads for my hope tech M4s from superstar and they have changed the drop bar menu so that it no longer has the different brands and brake models. I’m unsure which to order as i haven’t had the old pads yet so don’t know their shape. could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, i was planning on getting the sintered, is that a good move?

Cheers
    Dom

z1ppy

From memory there the same as old shimano, so H4? Reckon I’m right going by this
    As for sintered or organic, I was unimpressed with my last pair of SSC sintered pads, as they wore out in no time. That said so have the other pads I tried, so fancy trying some kelvar pads next, before gong back to original long lasting shimano

winch
    Free Member

A set of superstar pads completely killed my V4 brake disk in the alps this year. One set! I think I must have glazed them when running them in but even so it doesn’t seem right. YMMV! (organics by the way!)

domcapper
    Free Member

what would you guys recommend then?

Dom

P20

i use disco brakes.
    Good service and price

Northwind

Hope pads are actually really good, if I had that option I’d probably just pay the extra and use them.

As far as I can tell, disco and superstar kevlar pads are the same product, though that’s hardly proof- but they’re both good, and gives you a choice of 2 different colours 😉 So I use those. Never really had anything much to say about them, they can be noisy when it’s cold but that’s about it.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’ve just had superstar pads in my mono M4s which I think have possibly glazed my rear rotor (I hope not!) I will be going back to proper hope pads as the superstar ones have lasted all of 3 rides of about 2 hours

mechanised

Been using the Uberbike ones on my M4’s and they’ve been really good, last a decent time too.

http://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Hope-Mono-M4-Race-Matrix-Disc-Brake-Pads

Been using the none race sintered ones previously and they last even longer.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I would (and do) stick with the genuine hope pads. They may cost more but they work better, last longer and I have never had the pad material fall off the backing plate unlike the last two sets of superstar rubbish I used. The superstar also felt like they were made of wood.

Garry_Lager

Usually a fan of superstar pads, but the last group of sintered I bought were awful. Howled like a banshee (on two different bikes) and one set delaminated after a wet ride, pad material just fell out.

domcapper
    Free Member

Cheers, think i’m going to go for the genuine hope ones as i was hoping to change them before Llandegla on Tuesday, hopefully JeJames in Sheffield has them in stock. is it a relatively simple job? no need for a rebleed? My front brake grabs and judders the forks under braking so i’m hoping this and a disk clean will fix that.

Dom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar pad for m4’ is closed to new replies.