Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar nanos rebuild
  • lipseal
    Free Member

Anyone changed the bushes and bearings, if so how the **** do you get the bushing out? I’ve tried all sorts of screw drivers and pin punches. Off for a lie down now. 👿

lipseal
    Free Member

You can all stop fretting now, job done. 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You could always presume that nobody else had done it, and share your experience.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ll post up later.

grum
    Free Member

I’d like to know how please.

lipseal
    Free Member

Ok here goes.

You will need a 9mm socket 1/4 drive is probably better as I think the wall of the socket is thinner plus a 6mm allen key.

A source of heat, I used a heat gun but a blow torch will do.

A hammer and flat blade screw driver, no too big as you need to get it inside the pedal.

A vice or some sort of clamping arrangement to hold the pedal as it will be a bit hot .

I bought the kit from superstars but now I know the sizes you can just buy the bits separately. The bushes(X2)have 1010 stamped on them and the bearings are, as I can’t read the number OD 13mm ID 6mm Width 5mm and you will need 4 of these.
    Just unscrew the end cap then you will see another deeper in the pedal, used to pre-load the bearings, unscrew that one too. Then you will need the 9mm socket to unscrew the nut on the spindle, once this is done the body then should come off. Pick out or tap out the bearings.
    DU bush is a bit harder, place the body in the vice so that the end cap side is facing up, get your screw driver and rub it gently down the inside of the hole, you should feel two steps, your after the second one as this is the bush.
    Now you need to heat the pedal up just enough the expand the body, then tap out the bush with aid of hammer/driver combo, you might get it out without any heat but I had to as it was tight and I didn’t want to do too much damage.
    Forgot to mention measure where the bush sits,it was 25mm on mine, in the hole.
    To fit the new bush just tap it home slowly(25mm) re-grease and just reverse the steps you have already done.
    HTH 8)

grum
    Free Member

Crikey! OK thanks for that. 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Thank you very much.

lipseal
    Free Member

Just a quick update, I managed to find some 10mm pipe that I sometimes use for tapping bearings out. So I thought I would try it on the other pedal. Worked a treat because it was slightly mushroomed at the end it fitted in the body of the pedal and made contact with the internal bush, so I used that and was than the screwdriver.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar nanos rebuild’ is closed to new replies.