Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Superstar Nano-X, still good?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

How are people still getting on with the Superstar Nano-X? Are they durable? I remember the Delta having snapping issues.

Can’t find any long term reviews,

Cheers

Ricks

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve had a set for over a year now; apart from a bushing wearing out early on, they’ve been super-reliable.

breninbeener

Do the Nano and Nano-x ise the same internals for service?

zerolight
    Free Member

Mine seized after a couple months. We’ll one pedal did. When I tried to remove the spindle cap to try greasing it, it stripped all the threads. The other pedal started clicking. I binned them and bought a pair of Fire Eye PJ ACR pedals which have been great.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have two pairs and they are the great VFM they have always been and work well. I did have one disassemble itself on it’s first ride so with the comments above I’d suggest a quick strip, grease if needed and reassemble before use

Do the Nano and Nano-x ise the same internals for service?

Almost, the rubber seal is different

andyjh

Got them on all my bikes now and work well. Probably only been about a year at the most but so far so good. I normally buy them when they have an offer on and get the Ti axels also.

jonba
    Free Member

They are pretty common from other people these days. Sometimes cheaper. They were always good although I found the bushings wore down giving some play and that part was hard to service.

There was a thread on here about plastic ones a few weeks back. People seemed to rate them as being just as good and lighter. Internals are the same from what I know. Just the body is plastic.

russyh
    Free Member

Mine seized solid after about a month of use, stripped them to regrease but the axles were pitted and in a sort state. I binned them. Buy cheap buy twice came to mind. I would buy the plastic nukeproofs if I was after a budget pedal again

mikertroid
    Free Member

Service kits for nano works for Nano-x.

Plastic Nukeproofs good pedals too…

funkmasterp

I’ve had the same pair on my last three bikes and suffered with no issues whatsoever. I think they are great YMMV of course.

mutley

on my third pair, bearings finally died on the first after 5 years of abuse. think they are ace

oink1
    Free Member

No issues 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mine are fine and have beeno for over 6 months on my fat bike

bumper
    Free Member

My 2 pairs have been running perfectly for over 12 months, so have my el plastique pedals. They have performed as well as my racface flats so far. Plus, they’re a bargain when ss have their offers on.

prettygreenparrot

They’re great. I bought a pair for a new bike to try them out. So good for the price that I bought a second pair for another bike. I like that they supply a box of 2 sizes of pins with them. It left plenty of spares. Very grippy. Nice, slim profile. Fair-sized platform without being too big for my children’s feet when they borrow the bike. Seem to work very well so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Nano-X, still good?’ is closed to new replies.