Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Superstar nano x pedals
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Anyone tried these yet? After a lightish flat pedal and these look nice. They are the updated version of the Nano supposedly UK made.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’ve had them on for a couple of rides now, they’re savagely grippy!

The platform’s a fair bit longer than the standard nano which feels great although it’s not concave. You get two pin lengths so I used the long pins for the outboard edge to cheat a slight concave feel.

I really have to watch where the pedals are if I’m pushing the bike, slight contact with my calves has already resulted in scratches. The pins really are sharp!

orangespyderman

I have some. They’re pretty fantastic, and when you look at the cost they’re close to unbeatable, in my opinion… I have the short pins and in my opinion it’s enough grip.

Leku
    Free Member

I have a pair. One was a bit stiff to start with but now they spin very freely. Very grippy using a mix of long and short pins. You get a bag of both pins sizes with them.

Recommended.

russyh
    Free Member

Does anybody else’s Nano’s creak like mad? Mine are a couple of months old now and I’m going to strip and service tonight but boy oh boy do they creak!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mine creaking badly after two months. Replaced drive side bearing and bushing but still clicking. Hmmm….

eshershore
    Free Member

@mikertroid

not specific to Superstar, but my experience of pedals using a bushing in the design is that often the bushing ‘socket’ in the pedal body becomes enlarged (flogged out) due to a worn bushing

replacement of the bushing does not cure the issue, as you get small movement between bushing/axle and pedal body under power

I’ve had this happen with 4 pairs of Wellgo MG1 (was getting them really cheap) as well as DMR V-12 Mag, and only solution was to replace the pedals- the Magnesium pedals seemed to be very prone to this due to the softer material, I’ve had this happen on some aluminium Atomlabs and the distributor replaced them FOC.

mikertroid
    Free Member

ES,

Thanks for that; not what you’d want from a set of pretty new pedals.

Ordered some Nukeproof Electrons to see what plastic’s all about. Might contact superstar……

Alex

Mine came with some manufacturing tolerance issues. One of the pedals didn’t spin at all. I swapped axles round etc to make sure it wasn’t something obvious. Superstar swapped them out but the new ones came with a ding in them. They offered to replace but I couldn’t be bothered to send them back again.

I like the UberBike Hammerhead (if they have them back in stock), little bit thinner and very robust.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve had some for a while. They are big and very grippy! One of my shins is a right mess 🙂

One was a bit stiff at first, but they are both spinning freely now.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have two pairs both came with rather stiff axles on the left pedal but they ease up. They are sound pedals for the price, I bought when there was 25% off in both cases. There is a 25% code for May so for £30 a pair you can’t go far wrong. Bearings etc are quite reasonably priced too

zero-cool
    Free Member

They’re grippy and come up fairly large.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Superstar nano x pedals’ is closed to new replies.