Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • superstar isis bb
  • karnali
    Free Member

anyone know the weight of them, they seem to be a decent cheaper option to skf

ta

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Under starter's orders…

s8tannorm
    Free Member

No idea how heavy they are but mine's the longest lasting ISIS BB I've ever had … nearly 2 years and counting!

carlosg
    Free Member

+1

don't worry how much it weighs!, just go for a pooh before you set off. 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Under starter's orders…

Rocks at the ready..!

SBrock
    Free Member

mine lasted 1 ride in the Peaks!

karnali
    Free Member

good looking ot hear some positiveeviews of them they are covered by a 2 year warranty as well. SO if it goes after one ride i can send it back?
    Just wondered about weight as the skf looked heavy for 80 quid it was nearly 400 gr

ta

carlosg
    Free Member

copied from bikeradar

Description:
    Available in sizes: 113/68mm, 118/73,108/68,113/73,118/68
    Features:
    Weight excluding bolts:113mm: 230g 118mm: 235g 128mm: 245g
    Fits Shell Width:
    68/113mm, 73mm

oldgit
    Free Member

Mine seemed quite light in the 'hold in the hand' test. And seem to last, big balls aparently!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

The weight's the least of your worries with anything ISIS 😉

Just changed out a SS ISIS BB after 8 months – pound for pound it was no better or worse than Raceface or any of the Brand X types I've tried in the past.

My ears did pr1ck up a bit when the poster above mentioned 2 year warranty. A 2 year warranty that may only be 1 year? Besides unless the bearings are sha88ed from day 1 it doesnt look to me like they'll warranty any susbesquent failure:

Warranty
    All parts bought from Superstar Components come with a 2 year warranty guaranteeing parts are free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of two years after original purchase unless otherwise stated below. The warranty is non-transferable and valid to the original purchaser of the product only, proof of purchase will be needed so don’t throw away your receipts/invoice.
    Like all guarantees this does not mean that all parts are indestructible. This warranty does not cover wear and tear or damage caused by crashes, bike transport, improper use or poor installation. Cyclists should regularly check they bike for damage and that parts are correctly installed.
    All parts have a finite lifetime and this is determined by the manner the part is used, maintenance and conditions of use.
    1. All cartridge bearings have a finite lifetime. Bearings that fail due to contamination, misuse, improper installation, or lack of maintenance are not covered under warranty even if failure occurs within two years from date of purchase.
    2. Parts which have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained are not covered under warranty
    3. Damage from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship such as a user’s lack of skill, competence or experience is not covered under warranty.
    4. The finish or aesthetics of the product are not covered under this warranty.
    5. Normal wear to the product is not covered under warranty. Components may have symptoms of wear in less than two years depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes products that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy.

This does not affect your statutory rights.

Returns
    Please use the return form here for all returns. Returns without returns forms may not be accepted. Postage for returns must be paid for by the customer, unless the product is found to be faulty. Please note the postage cost on your returns form for refunding and include reciept. We will refund upto £6.50, please contact us if it is costing more than this and we will arrange the pickup. We do not refund for timed services such as express/courier and special delivery. We are not liable for any goods damaged or lost in your possession till they arrive with us. Please make sure that the correct postage is attached along with your return address, as any package which is not delivered because of insufficient postage will not have the Royal Mail fine paid. This may cause the package to get lost in the post for weeks/months or permanently lost. We recommend you use recorded delivery and get proof of postage to cover you in case of loss.

Faulty goods must be returned with a returns form explaining in detail all the issues and setup information. All parts unless stated otherwise have a 1 year manufacturers warranty, parts such as bearings are classed as wear and tear parts and are not covered unless they are faulty from new. Parts which are returned for warranty inspection and are classed as wear and tear will only be returned at cost to the customer.

SKF have an international rep in the bearing business if they offer a 2 year warranty on ISIS I'd go that route

doof_doof
    Free Member

Had mine for over a year, still spins like a dream. Better than draggy, gritty ext bb's.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

1 year so far (half my riding). already far better than other ISIS BBs I've tried

cheap too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘superstar isis bb’ is closed to new replies.