Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Superstar iron cross vs kinesis crosslight cx disc?
  • dknwhy

Torn between what to get. Superstar are cheaper, fractionally heavier but tubeless ready…

Opinions?

orena45

I’ve looked at both recently, really fancied some Iron Cross rims so I could go tubeless easily, but 40psi max counts out putting on road tyres for my commute.

Ordered some Kinesis wheels yesterday so looking forward to getting them in a couple of days.

pid
    Free Member

Have got the Kinesis wheels and they’re very nice. Light and, so far, tough. Good loud freehub if you like that sort of thing too. Am currently running them tubeless with a layer of yellow tape, some goo and Vittoria XG pro tubeless ready tyres.

They’re better than me.

dknwhy

Kinesis it is then. Thanks.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

No experience of running the Kinesis tubeless but I’ve had 25mm – 40mm tyres on them and they work a treat. Done several thousand miles on them without having to touch them, off road and on. They’re very light too. Highly recommended!

velomanic
    Free Member
    dknwhy

Got the kinesis wheels and have fitted them on my Boardman CX. First ride today on them and it feels like a different bike. So much faster! Really impressed!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Dknwhy – which Boardman have you got, and year?

dknwhy

2014 CX comp. Went for the basic model with 10% BC discount in a 10% halfords sale. With quidco I think it cost around £465. Looked at the next model up but wasn’t convinced with the extra money for the upgraded components and figured I could make better use of spending the money myself elsewhere.
    Fitted some trp spyre mechanical brakes and now these wheels.
    Got a carbon seat post coming from china and will get a carbon fork at some point…

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Hi all. Upgraded my boardman cx team 2014 with the new 2014 crosslights. 2nd ride on them just tonight and they’re awesome. The whole bike is noticeably lighter and the wheels spin up to speed really fast. They look great too. Probably the best upgrade you can make on a non custom specced bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Superstar iron cross vs kinesis crosslight cx disc?’ is closed to new replies.