Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Superstar hubs?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Looking at getting some wheels built. Anyone tried the fuel rear hubs? Or the new electros? Is it worth spending extra on the electros? Cant find reviews of either but generally superstar hubs seem to be fairly well thought of.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I dunno.
    I’ve got the Switch Ultra ones. They’re good hubs functionally but couple of issues I get. On the front ones the rubber seal keeps coming loose and it can’t really be pushed back in and have to buy a new one.

On the rear the freehub comes loose sometimes and floats around

deviant
    Free Member

As a general rule (for me)) the cheaper the hub, tesla down to switch the better they are…less complex, easier to service at home etc.
    I’ve got switch and tesla with no problems so far (years of use).

Paul-B

Just got a set of wheels built with Fuel hubs. Only ridden about 50 miles on them so can’t comment yet but they’re smooth and the freehub makes a nice noise (in my opinion) lol

kayla1
    Free Member

We’ve both got Switch hubs, they’re great and we’ve had no hassles other than a (second hand) ally freehub wearing out after a couple of years’ abuse. I love the clicky freehub too!

nach
    Free Member

Pretty much the same as above. Got Switch Ultras on one bike, they’ve taken a few years of abuse, replaced freehub with steel after an alloy one cracked last winter.

mutley

Got the Fuel hubs. Nice and clicky but be careful taking out the back wheel, if the cassette detaches on the trail you’re screwed. I now carry a thin rubber band to hold the pawls in and a knife to cut it off once the greetings back in place. A bit of glue on the end caps helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Superstar hubs?’ is closed to new replies.