• This topic has 145 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Superstar Components hate campaign….. Pike?
  • wwaswas

“Who is” and the website url in google should do it.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Pikes look pretty good to me http://www.sram.com/rockshox/family/pike

wrecker
    Free Member

I can’t find his twitter. I wants to see the scary man!

I buy brake pads from SSC, but I’m no fan of neil/fruit and wouldn’t even contemplate buying anything with bearings in from him. There are too many stories of terrible CS.

wrecker
    Free Member

He’s got an ear ring…….
    is dissappoint.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That photo looks like some heavy-lovin’s coming. Eeerk!

So, uh, how is anything good going to come of this?

crankrider
    Free Member

As above, court case details need to be known to make it all clear….. Surely superstar woud have wanted to settle out of court though? Nightmare situation for a small business is it not?

However mad pike could be, something has gone on that has made him go to court and start several hate sites online…..

scaredypants

He’s got an ear ring…….
    is dissappoint.

well, it is talk like a pirate day

scottfitz
    Free Member

This just seems totally ott.

+1

clubber
    Free Member

My theory is that Tiurf (the owner of http://www.antisuperstarcomponents.com/index.html, hence the nemesis and total opposite of Fruit) bought some SSC brake pads and in an unfortunate series of coincidences, lost control of his bike at the bottom of a big hill, rode straight through a china shop, through the abbatoir skinning section and then straight into the local salt mine.

In pain and enraged, he started court proceedings against Fruit and set up a website. Then went camping as pictured above to recover.

It’s the only logical explanation.

warpcow
    Free Member

Having found his Twitter now, I know I’ve seen that “cube walkaround” on BR. I seem to remember him having a couple of thread where he was going off about his Tesla hubs and how he was taking SS to court because the freehub failed and was then replaced, but he didn’t want a replacement, blah, blah…

Edit: can’t find the thread on BR where he was threatening them, but there definitely was one about a month ago.

kimbers

funnily enough he carries a link to the SS website

which is free advertising if you ask me!

wl
    Free Member

Too much time and some sort of obsessive personality disorder? Personally, I’ve had nowt but great products and service from Superstar, including prompt emails with answers to servicing questions.

clubber
    Free Member

If he’d taken them to court then there should be a record of it, shouldn’t there? Certainly searching on his name (via whois) and the legal name of SSC should work but I didn’t find anything.

Jamie
    Free Member

funnily enough he carries a link to the SS website

So that’s confirmed then. Reverse psychology at it’s finest. Well done Fruit, you’re an advertising genius bastard!

martinhutch

The youtube channel linked to his twitter is a hoot!

Whadda man…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

?
    post it – non twittererereer here

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

This thread has turned me into a stalker… (I didn’t know I had it in me) 😯

enfht
    Free Member

Is that fella really in a tent, or did his big girls dress get caught in a sudden gust of wind whilst he was taking a selfie?

wonnyj
    Free Member

What a miserable troll! Move on and get a life.

From a Superstar point of view, no publicity is bad publicity. I’ve had no probs with their kit and will continue to buy from them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That pic is very Hora-esque.

hora
    Free Member

That pic looks like binners

bigjim

cube walkaround

I lasted as far as the lingering saddle/seatpost shots before shooting my bolt

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I thought the problem with Fruit was when SS was starting up he was signing onto singletrack with different names and disparaging competitors products, while bigging up the superstar ones.

Did nt some one track all the usernames to the same IP or something ?

Does anyone remember that or am I remembering it wrong ?

Not really good behaviour.

wwaswas

Not really good behaviour.

and his seemingly arbitrary approach to warranty issues hasn’t helped.

probably not worth the effort that Mr Pike has put into it though.

clubber
    Free Member

That’s about right, scu98rkr. He also posted positive reviews of his kit on mtbr IIRC. He was young and a bit silly then. Hopefully he’s more sensible now.

hora
    Free Member

Not that I’m saying his behaviour was right but..

If you had a small start-up hotel and alot of people look on tripadvisor..

Would you be tempted to right a few good reviews over the space of say 6months?

hora
    Free Member

Not that I’m saying his behaviour was right but..

If you had a small start-up hotel and alot of people look on tripadvisor..

clubber
    Free Member

Tempted. But hopefully not stupid or arrogant enough to think it would be a good thing to do…

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s not what he did though, is it?
    He badmouthed competitors products, there were even stories of him at trade shows looking at and questioning others’ kit and not letting on who he was. Fruit was a shithead.

He got rumbled, and sulked off. Didn’t even have the minerals to apologise or admit that he was wrong.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

yeah not really bothered about him bigging up his own products it putting down others really that was the issue.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This sounds like a description of Brant/On-One and he appears to be worshiped here. Funny..

Aye I agree I have never understood why On one get away with it but there seems to be more threads dissing them of late

As for fruits behaviour it was as they said on here.
    Bigging up his products and criticising his competitors and everyone seems to accept the QC is at best erratic and the customer service just as unpredictable.
    Its cheap for a reason though some of it will work and some folk will get lucky and some will get unlucky. When you do get unlucky he most likely wont help you.

If you want to make him rich and take a lottery with his products then fair enough but I dont

We’re only as good as our last customer says we are. And dissatisfied customers tend to make a lot more noise than satisfied ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mike-at-dialledbikes – Member

We’re only as good as our last customer says we are. And dissatisfied customers tend to make a lot more noise than satisfied ones.

I have a dialled holeshot, it’s ace.

I’ve had 2 superstar BB’s, they were utter crap.

clubber
    Free Member

I have a SSC BB and some of their brake pads. All seem to be lasting well.

TBH, I expected the BB to die quickly given their rep (I wanted a purple one and was just going to replace the bearings when they died) but it’s not about four years old and still smooth. Must be doing something wrong 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 superstar BB’s, they were utter crap.

Bet you didn’t install them correctly 😉

clubber
    Free Member

I have a SSC BB and some of their brake pads. All seem to be lasting well.

TBH, I expected the BB to die quickly given their rep (I wanted a purple one and was just going to replace the bearings when they died) but it’s now about four years old and still smooth. Must be doing something wrong 🙂 I have heard you’re supposed to use a rock to fit them 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I imagine many business view social meeja as a double edged sword, Mike?

Oh, and I have had a PA and Alpine and they were both totes amaze-balls 😀

…never used SSC, so cannot comment.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

My brake hoses are brilliant. Top service, top price, top product. Much better performance than anything else I could find for the price.

mattjg
    Free Member

I use their grips, I particularly like the lock on end caps with rounded corners, much better than square when they get bashed.

A friend rides their hubs, he’s always 50 metres ahead of me so I have no idea if they’re any good 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bet you didn’t install them correctly

I didn’t use a rock or anything!

First one failed in 8 rides (including ‘that’ Gorick 100 which ate everything regardless of brand), 2nd one failed in 9 dry rides. Went back to shimano and getting ~2000miles per BB again.

I’ve not had a problem with the brake pads other than the sintered ones seeming to have less power than a Lib-Dem in a coalition, but no longer buy them on principal after the BB’s, there’s plenty of other cheep pad suppliers out there.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Components hate campaign….. Pike?’ is closed to new replies.