Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Superstar Floating Rotors-new style
  • toys19
    Free Member

Anyone used these? Apperently the spider is a bit slimmer now so none of the fouling issues. Are they any good?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got the new style floating rotors 203mm and 180mm on new pikes with formula brakes. I was worried when I ordered I was concerned but fitted perfect. Very please with them. Be sure to put a drop of lock tight. Mine came loose at first. Suspect soft paint on the rotor was the cause or extra thickness but lock tight cured

toys19
    Free Member

#apparently.. Too early for spelingz

kimbers

How different are they

You can buy the same floating ones from uberbike

Or even cheaper ckarks ones on crc

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Regards how different are they?
    I had rock bent my formula rotors and bought the floating superstar rotors when they where on 50% sale over Xmas.
    I don’t notice any difference apart from they run true and no brake rub, unlike my bent ones.
    For the vain types they look good too.
    Would have cost me more to replace with standard type formula ones.

toys19
    Free Member

Those clarks ones look exactly the same, 6 quid cheaper. Thanks for the heads up.

teef
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get the Super Star ones because of the drill pattern on the breaking surface – 2 concentric circles of drilled holes and a solid band in between. I had some Formula discs with the same design and they wore the pads unevenly as the solid band between the drilled holes is in contact with the pads more than the drilled areas. I phoned Super Star to raise this issue but was dismissed but as Scotty said “You can’t change the Laws of physics Captain”

kimbers

as if by magic

FLASH SALE.
    It’s Sunday night and we have a bargain for you available till midnight…
    33% off Alpine floating rotors
    Use code FLASHALPINE
    http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/?q=Alpine+r

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Floating Rotors-new style’ is closed to new replies.