Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar finishing kit quality?
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Need some new bars, stem and seatpost. Have used Easton EA70 mainly but funds are tight and the Superstar stuff looks to be great value.

Looking at the Flatland 780 12 bar, Laser Stem and simple seatpost. Anyone used these, any good?

b45her
    Free Member

everything i’ve had off superstar including the bars and stem you mention have been excellent quality, the majority of people that slag them off are just brand bigots.

Grim
    Free Member

Hi I’ve just bought a Zenith AM stem, it looks well finished with good clean threads. The other stuff I’ve bought from them, such as a QR seatpost clamp, look good and work well. For the price it would be difficult to do better.
    Grim

lizzz
    Free Member

I have the seatpost. It does what it’s supposed to. No complaints from me. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Not the stem but I have a couple of SPs and err…three bars.

No complaints about the quality it’s not the lightest or the most orsum but it’s not cheap and nasty like the entry-level kit of some of the big name brands. The seatposts are kind of workmanlike – it’s a pipe with a clamp on the end no more no less – but the details are good – nice clamp, nice bolts, accurately made, great finish. Same for the bars I’ve replaced mid/high end Race Face & Chromag bars with them and for me at least there’s no difference it’s not like the Superstar bars are made out of scaffolding or anything like that.

The only thing I would be careful about is matching the colours. The black is fine as is the white and chrome but other colours e.g. the blue are err…unique

Teetosugars
    Free Member

the majority of people that slag them off are just brand bigots.

🙄

I think you’ll find the majority slag them off beacuse Neil/ Fruit/ Whatever his name is, was a complete and utter tw#*” do deal with..

Milkie
    Free Member

I think SS stuff is great.. Ordered some green bits, lock-ons, floating rotors, etc… All in the same green, turned up 3 different greens. 🙄

I realise different materials = different shades. I asked if they could try and find some similar batches, they refused, but got the refund as soon as I returned the goods. As above, I was told by SS to go for black, the darker the colour the better match, wasn’t impressed that they weren’t prepared to try and find a batch in stock which had similar shades. The difference in shades was quite big.

As for everything else, its great! 😉

fenred
    Free Member

I have their Zephir stem which is beautifully machined but the bolts were made of cheese, literally head sheered off two under normal torque 😯 Replaced with FSA bolts and it’s all rock solid now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what teetoo said

I also had a product break and the “customer services” were less than hepful

It also seems from here that first generation products are to be avoided but once he has ironed out the problems buy testing kit with customers it seems to be ok stuff.

I dont hate them personally but I wont be giving him any of my money

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar finishing kit quality?’ is closed to new replies.