• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar DHX wheelset
  • rhid

I need a new wheelset or rear at least for my DH bike. I saw Superstar had a good deal on the 150mm DHX pro wheelset. Does anyone use the DHX pro rim? Is it pretty tough? I seem to be terrible at DH and keep battering the heck out of my back wheel!

Also does anyone know of a superstar discount code available at the minute? A quick google didn’t show me anything helpful!

justaname
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of DHX’s and so far they’ve been spot on and seem pretty sturdy. For the money you can’t go wrong. Superstar have a lifetime truing service, although in the year I’ve had the wheels I’ve not had to use it.

Not the most exotic wheels in existence but do a job well.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Check out their Facebook page for 25% off code

rhid

That has made everything much easier! thanks for the code heads up!

Northwind

Same rules as with any superstar wheelset- consider it a very well packaged kit of parts and you can’t go wrong. Chances are, you’ll get decent wheels. You might actually get an excellent wheel. Or you might get a total disaster. But when the price is right, as it often is, even if you have to take both wheels to a shop and get them totally retensioned from scratch it’s still a good deal. I’ve bought 4 wheels from them, one was kind of a disaster, the other 3 were good.

(in fairness to them they do offer a rebuild service too and I could have pursued warranty for my duffer, but it was just more convenient to go to someone I trusted locally and get a guaranteed good job without any hassle)

rhid

The price was defiantly right. It was £144 in the end. Thats the cost of a custom rear from them!

Hopefully it will come to me in a good state. I have a week in Malaga booked end of the month so It would be nice if it survives my super clumsiness!!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have the AMx on my Saracen Ariel 162 and they have given me no cause for complaint.

I have the DHx on my jump bike, on which I am notorious for casing and pringling wheels.

No issue recommending SS wheels.

kayak23

Same here. Dhx in use for several years now with no issues.

rhid

Thanks for all the positive responses! I was umming and ahhing over the Tech wheelset for £200 but I am glad i went DHX now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar DHX wheelset’ is closed to new replies.