• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Superstar Delta Pedals
  • timidwheeler

Anyone used these? I’m struggling to find many reviews about them.
    They look nice.

matther01
    Free Member

9/10 in a recent MBR…but they couldn’t comment on longevity. A lady on here is running a sexy pink pair on her Santa Cruz and says they are good so far.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Sexy purple. No problems so far but not been running for ages yet. Beats everything else on weight for cost terms, and if they run as well as the nanos do I’ll be a happy bunny.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

How do they compare in size to a nano?

gamo
    Free Member

Good grip size and weight, mine have developed play very quickly though! Also the axle seal on my ti ones doesn’t sit next to the pedal body mates cromo axle one’s are fairing better(they have been returned adjusted and after two rides have play again).

timidwheeler

Cheers, it’s the sexy purple ones I’m after as well. They have three different colour Ti upgrades. Are they literally just different colours or is there another difference?

Northwind

gamo – Member

Good grip size and weight, mine have developed play very quickly though!

Adjusting this sort of pedal’s usually very simple, it’s annoying when it happens but it should be a 2 minute job to fix (disclaimer- I’ve not had a Delta in bits but I bet 10p it’s functionally the same inside as Nanos)

ninenailspete
    Free Member

Northwind – you mean by nipping up the nut on the end of the axle? I haven’t found a socket yet that actually reaches fits into the pedal body to do that. I’d love any suggestions on how to do it!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Great so far, but either make sure the pins are fully tightened, or put some threadlock on them.

Northwind

ninenailspete – Member

Northwind – you mean by nipping up the nut on the end of the axle? I haven’t found a socket yet that actually reaches fits into the pedal body to do that. I’d love any suggestions on how to do it!

It’s typically a 9mm, very narrow socket- I’ve got a wee 1/4 inch that fits but yep it is tight on most pedals, none of my nice sockets fit into the pedal body. The endcap can also cause play if it’s loose.

timidwheeler

The pins look a bit long for my taste. I was hoping I could wind them in a little bit?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Bodgealicious adjustment option – if you can’t squeeze a socket in there, then the clearance is generally so tight that a couple of flat-head screwdrivers of appropriate size placed either side of the nut will allow you to turn it.

Alternatively, use rocks… 😉

gamo
    Free Member

Adjusting them would be easy if I could find a socket that fitted! Got one that fits the Nano’ s but not these.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Delta Pedals’ is closed to new replies.