Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Superstar delivery times?
  • benz
    Free Member

Wondered whether any folks have noted delayed delivery from Superstar lately?

I/O ring ordered last Monday and dispatched Tuesday, but not yet with me. Generally they are quick and it could be a postal ‘blip’, but wondered if anyone else was waiting for longer than normal.

Thanks.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If it was dispatched on the Tuesday, and still not here, then it’s not SS who have delayed it. They are generally very quick when I’ve ordered from them.

breadcrumb

I’m still waiting on mine.

I got some grips from them last week too, took a couple more days than usual- they’ll be flat out with all the offers and Royal Mail will be getting busier too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I received a parcel yesterday with a postmark of 1st Dec (not Superstar). For some reason Royal Mail are a bit slow just now.

riddoch

I order chainring sunday night and it arrived yesterday so no complaints from me.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Busiest time of the year for the postal service. My Superstar stuff has been ok but other things with Royal Mail have taken significantly longer than they should.

kayla1
    Free Member

If the seller (any seller) has sent it then any ire and/or rage should be directed at the postal service they used for any perceived delay, not the seller themselves. It’s a bit of an unfair topic title in my opinion.

edit- OP should have tried emailing SS first for an explanation/parcel number rather than post up here.

andyrm
    Free Member

If the seller (any seller) has sent it then any ire and/or rage should be directed at the postal service they used for any perceived delay, not the seller themselves. It’s a bit of an unfair topic title in my opinion.

^^This. Issue is royal snail, not Superstar or anyone else.

Thought STW had moved on from the rather boring Superstar bashing by innuendo.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Still waiting on orders from SS, PX, and Amazon.

Each one has used a different courier, I’m tempted to start taking bets on which things arrive first.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Come on now, the title is a question and the first post is a query. It’s hardly a dig at Superstar.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Slightly disappointed with them recently, ordered some pads, got an e-mail confirming it – I’m not sure if I had a confirmation of dispatch – I thought I did, but I couldn’t swear to it and I delete my mails.

Anyway after a week I e-mailed them asking if it was just xmas post – only to be told they were out of stock and someone should have contacted me.

But I’ve used them for years and years now and they’ve always been great.

kayla1
    Free Member

Then the OP should perhaps have called the thread “Courier/postal service that Superstar uses delivery times?”

Dunno why Superstar themselves (or any other sender) are accountable for delivery times that are entirely the responsibility of the delivery company/service they choose to use.

Out of curiosity, can we have a show of hands of those who think first class recorded is a next-day service?

edit- I should probably explain that I have to deal with loads of these sort of emails and ebay messages and I’m used to explaining the difference between our business and the (entirely separate entity, completely outside our control, that we are as frustrated as you are by) courier/postal service that we use.

pjbarton
    Free Member

recently had one of those ‘weirdly too quick’ deliveries from Superstar! Bought in the afternoon, arrived next morning – and we’re out in the sticks! This was a few weeks back though

chakaping
    Free Member

TBH I doubt they’re getting everything out the door on the same day of order with all the ridiculous offers they’ve been doing this month.

Not that I’m bothered about waiting a week or whatever for my bargains.

riddoch

A lot of the couriers (yodel and hermes) have banners on their sites saying they aren’t guaranteeing their levels of service . DPD have been their usual excellent selves.

Hasn’t recorded delivery been rebranded as signed for to show that it is just proof of delivery .

benz
    Free Member

Kayla1,

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed today or do you work for Superstar and hence feel the need to be so aggressively defensive?

I am not blaming Superstar hence my suggestion of a ‘blip’ in the postal service. All my previous experiences have been positive with goods being delivered quickly and to my satisfaction. That said if lots of folks were waiting longer than usual then I’d be prepared to put it down to offer demand resulting in increased volumes and delays and wait a bit longer.

However, I have emailed Superstar to confirm ring was dispatched and if it has not arrived by end of this week then I’ll take it from there. Expectation would be replacement sent or refund.

To ensure complete clarity…I am not having a go at Superstar…based upon many previous buying experiences this delay in delivery is an anomaly.

breadcrumb

Just to follow up mine arrived this morning. I’m always happy with Superstars despatch times.

kayla1
    Free Member

Benz,

No, not the wrong side of bed, I just though it was an unfair thread title so deigned to comment. It’s nothing personal, it could have been anyone who posted up and I’d have waded in with both feet then as well- you weren’t singled out for persecution.

I don’t work for SS, I’m self-employed and get a few emails and messages asking “where’s my stuff?” from people who seem unable to separate the responsibilities of my business from those of the delivery company I choose to use (local post office so Royal Mail/Fail/Snail- take yer pick!) We send loads of stuff out and some if it goes missing, some is delayed/sent to the wrong country (seriously, something that should have gone to Portsmouth ended up in Germany 😆 ) but most of it arrives within a couple of days.

It’s not like you’re pacing the floor waiting for a replacement vital organ to arrive or anything, it’s just a bike part that may have gone astray in the Royal Mail’s network. If it has I’m sure SS will send a replacement out if that’s the case.

😀

ThePinkster

Recent purchase from Superstar took 2 rather than the normal 1 day to arrive, I was a tad surprised but not overly concerned.

What did surprise me however was that it came via UPS rather than the normal Royal Mail delivery. Was slightly more stuff than normal though so perhaps that was an easier way to get it out.

I also got to dispatch notices for it on consecutive days which was a little odd.

benz
    Free Member

Kayla1,

Perhaps I got out the wrong side….or slightly squintly. No worries.

Here comes the postie….eagerly awaiting….bump, plop….and yes, by venting on here it has arrived. Yee ha!

However, I do note a written o/s next to the description. Could it have gone out of stock and more needed to be made? Regardless 32t in gunmetal for £18.19 is not too shabby, although at £15 using the later code it would have been even better.

Thanks again Superstar!

Northwind

TBH I’d assume they’re apocalyptically busy with all these sales.

I got a dispatch notice for my custom build wheels at 9.30 on tuesday morning, after ordering them on monday night and tbh, I am skeptic 😆 But you never know

cooie

TBH I’d assume they’re apocalyptically busy with all these sales.

This, and the fact there’s an event coming up where people send gifts to other people, making the postal service busier. 😀

My nw came today, took one day longer than usual.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

My IO chainring also arrived around an hour ago, seems really nicely made also.

Jamz
    Free Member

I ordered chainrings on the Sunday, had a dispatched email on Monday, then on Tuesday I had an email from a Mr Neil Wilkinson saying that my order was in fact not dispatched and that they are having to manufacture more chainrings after being overwhelmed with orders. So I reckon “apocalyptically busy” just about hit the nail on the head!

I shan’t complain tho as 15 quid for a narrow wide is a ridiculously good price by anybody’s standards. He said would take around 10 working days to complete the order.

innit_gareth
    Free Member

I ordered a wheel off them on Black Friday – had an email that day saying dispatched. When I hadn’t received it by the following thursday I phoned them up. Apparently that email saying ‘dispatched’ was an internal message. They were pretty helpful on the phone and my stuff was sent the next day.

They said they were really busy at the moment building wheels etc.

cakefacesmallblock

Ordered from Superstar last tues. Stuff arrived weds.
    However ordered from both Howies and Intrepid on weds , both acknowledged as despatched same day, nowt arrived til today. All Royal Mail.

handyandy
    Free Member

My IO chainring arrived today. I think it was a day longer in delivery, but I assume its the post thats to blame.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Superstar delivery times?’ is closed to new replies.