Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Superstar carbon rims
  • lunge

Today’s Superstar daily deal is 20% of all custom wheel builds. This has lead me to be very tempted by some carbon road wheels for about £400.

Before I click buy, anyone have any experience of these rims?

lunge

Bump, anyone?

njee20
    Free Member

Call me a cynic, but I can’t see they’re getting US made carbon rims for that price…

Sure they’ll be fine, and they’re good value, but they’re not 11 speed hubs (if that’s an issue) and I can’t see they’ll be any better than the myriad direct sale shops from the Far East, aside from the assurance that goes with a UK ‘shop front’, reduced shipping and a lack of import duty!

Personally (having owned neither), I’d buy these every time before the Superstars, or these are even cheaper. Plenty of depths to choose from if you want different.

adam_h
    Free Member

Discount code is actually 30% off. I’ve taken a chance on some, came out about £370 I think, so seems a similar price as buying direct from China. You can spec them with 11 speed hubs. If they turn out to be rubbish I’ll just sell them on.

lunge

Hmm, just had another play with the builds and can get DT 350 hubs (11 speed compatible), carbon rims and CX-Ray bladed spokes for £415, £367 gets me the same with Superstar Icon Ultra hubs (also 11 speed, re-branded Novatec jobs from what I can work out).

This seems to be cheaper than even the direct from the Far East wheels. It is very, very tempting.

lunge

They’re back on discount again. 11 speed Volta hubs, full carbon rims and CX-Ray Spokes for £419 with the discount code XMAS 15. My credit card is twitching already.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Superstar carbon rims’ is closed to new replies.