Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Superstar Components…
  • konakulakid
    Free Member

my b.b lasted a few rides,sent it back an got a new 1…c.service was good & fast

fizzer
    Free Member

My BB disimtegrated some 8 miles North of Keswick. Unknown to me at the time the wrecked bearing cut a groove in my XTR axle which resulted in it shearing off a couple of weeks later. So the twenty pounds saved on the shite BB actually cost me over 200. My rear brake pad parted company with the backing plate last weekend. I will never, ever buy any of their crap again.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I just like it when the owner comes on abusing customers 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

rudeboy, your as bad as the OP, you have no exprience of the products, but still feel the need to bitch about it?

FWIW my organic pads have been fine. Ayone comment on fade, not sure if it was fadeing in the Peaks or if my brakes needed a bleed. Been fine at cannock chase and the local woods (lots of mud and grit). Stil look >60% left after 20+ rides over the winter. Proof that well bedded in pads last 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, I’m not bitching, or trolling, or anything. I’m just voicing my opinion.

This forum is a place where people can share information and experience of products. It’s actually very useful, and I, and many many others have found it extremely useful, in getting advice about something.

If I wanted to go to a restaurant, I’d be wanting to hear the opinions/experiences of others. If someone says ‘oh, that place is terrible, the food’s horrible and the service is crap’, then I probbly won’t go there.

Of course, if I did, and the food and service were in fact really good, then I’d be inclined to want to ignore negative opinion, as I would have real experience to the contrary.

But yeah, if it seems that a lot of people have had negative experience of something, then I’d probbly avoid it.

Caveat Emptor.

Smee
    Free Member

Non-spoon – I do have experience of the products, mostly positive, but not recent. I was just wondering if folk had just stopped using their products or if there was no longer any cause for complaint.

emac65
    Free Member

SS pads wear rate was fine for me,they wore as well as anything else I’ve used.It was the fact the pads kept coming away from the metal that was the problem !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes but you have never had ay of the components? I wouldn’t give an oppinion of how good DT rims are, XTR gearing, Rapha clothing, your missus, are to ride on/with as I’ve never (knowingly) used them.

I’m not saying you shouldnt have a oppinion, but if you’ve never used a comonent/company, why bother voiceing it?

p.s. is voicing spelt right, I before E except after C, but shouldnt the E be femoved as its an ing (which makes it loek wrong?)

p.p.s. Smee, sorry, when i first read it it sounded very troll like.

p.p.p.s. i ride a DMR switchback, proof that reviews, stigma, and reputation of a product o here aren’t everything.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

TINAS; fair enough, but it’s my money, and I want to b able to spend it with confidence. I’m not confident, based on the experiences/opinions on here, that SSC stuff will be of sufficient quality and reliable. And I’m not overly impressed by the attitude of those that run the company. So, I’d choose not to buy from them. And I’d advise others that I have little confidence in their products or services. See, that’s all about reputation. Sorry, but SSCs isn’t good enough for me. I’m not prepared to take the risk of buying something, and then have it fail on me, and possibly get bad customer service.

sharki
    Free Member

I bought a BB and use it as a yo-yo, works fine.

druidh
    Free Member

Carbon seatpost seems to be working fine. I think I’ll splash the cash on another…

Offroading
    Free Member

There carbon seatposts aren’t made by them. They get them from Taiwan and apply there own logo’s.

About the only decent thing they do sell.

druidh
    Free Member

Offroading – Member

There carbon seatposts aren’t made by them. They get them from Taiwan and apply there own logo’s.

About the only decent thing they do sell.

Nothing is “made by them”. It’s all re-branded components.

fily5bellies
    Free Member

I’ve had no problms with their brake pads apart from the fact that they wore out quickly. I bought a BB, it lasted one ride then seized but they replaced it, saying that I’d over-torqued it. The replacement fell apart when I tried to fit it. Never again.

infidel
    Free Member

I posted a question about their hubs a couple of days ago and got no replies, just a ‘Troll’ tag. I agree 100% with the comments that if you have no experience of something then a forum with experience is a good place to ask which is why I did and I suspect why Smee did. Fair enough there have been endless threads about brake pads in the past and some on bb’s but they do sell other stuff and it’d be nice to hear views from people who have actually used the kit – thanks to those that have, it has been useful in deciding what to buy.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve used their pads and they didn’t wear out any quicker or slower than anything else. I have no more confidence paying £15 a pair for ‘original’ Avid/Shimano/whoever pads and definitely don’t think paying double gives a comparable double length lifespan.

Of their bottom brackets, I’ve had a cheapo one that wasn’t that good, an SKF one only marginally better. The ceramic one has been fine.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Components…’ is closed to new replies.