Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Superstar Components Wheels build quality
  • gdub923
    Free Member

Hi

Has any one bought any of Superstar Components custom wheels?
    What is the build quality like?

Cheers

Northwind

Variable, it seems- I’ve seen some that were spot on, just as good as my Wheelpro set. And I’ve seen some that were pretty rubbish. A mate got a warranty replacement set that were still not very good- uneven tension and had a wobble in the rim right from the box. (the original set fell apart but that’s a bit more open to debate- Fruit told the owner that he needed their downhill wheels to ride at Glentress!)

I’d buy them myself, they’re crazy value and if you get a good set, then it’s a great result. And if you get a bad set either send them back or get them rebuilt and they’re still great value.

djbmtb
    Free Member

Had a set for Xmas that were spot on

superfli
    Free Member

Mine have been spot on for 18mths now inc some DH racing, Enduro racing and a trip to Alps. Just two spokes to tighten after the Alps. Flow on Evo switch hubs.

hambl90
    Free Member

I’m using their switch evo hubs on superstars am rims been great for a few years now .

timidwheeler

Mine needed sorting by my lbs. They were still a bargain.

composite
    Free Member

I have had 2 sets of their wheels. The one set was an off the shelf and they were totally fine, tensions all seemed fairly consistent and I haven’t had to re-true them at all. They have done about 3000 miles and I’m very happy with them.

The other pair I have, I built the front the wheel, so clearly this one is perfect 😛 . The rear wheel was a custom spec. and had been fine until one day I snapped a spoke. I took them into my LBS (to the guy that taught me how to build) as I had no time to sort it myself and a day later had a call from the him saying another one had snapped just sat on the stand. He measured the tensions on it and in his opinion there were 2 other spokes with far to much tension and that’s probably why the others broke. I got him to replace all 4. Still an incredible value wheel set. I think in future I would buy their components and build it else where; time allowing I would do it myself again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Components Wheels build quality’ is closed to new replies.