Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • SUPERSTAR COMPONENTS
  • samwise
    Free Member

whats peoples thoughts on the company? ive made a few orders and thought not too bad but then i ordered a floating disc rotor and it arrived bent in only a jiffy bag (probably why it bent) i contacted there customer service who advised me to bend it back. this didnt really work so i emailed them again they then told me bending the rotor would void warranty (confused as to why they’d tell me to do something that’d void the warranty. they then asked to send it back for inspection ( the rotor was like this went it arrived. i asked if they could send me a replacement with the means to send the broken one back, i also suggested they packaged it better as a jiffybag didnt seem adequete to for a disc rotor i thought a box would have been better as would with stand pressures in transit. if theyd sent a replacement it would have reduced my time without being able to use my bike) they wrote back telling me that theres not really much they could do too make the packaging more secure and that if i wanted a replacement id have to send back and wait for inspection (they kept implying that the disc being bent must have been my fault). a little annoyed with this as was in no way my fault and thought superstar might ave gone out of their way to help me as the company statement states. i then asked if they could just refund the package an postage costs so that i could send it back to them and again they were no help their so now im waiting to get paid to return a poorly packaged item that arrived broken.

disapointed as their was more from the superstar catalogue i wanted but after my experiences i dont want to go back. for me customer service is the difference between a good and bad company, and superstar just dont seem to care about their customers

Stevelol
    Free Member

Post needs more paragraphs.

grizzpup
    Free Member

stand by…..cup of tea anyone?

I’ll put some cake and a nice apple pie on too, this will be a long one.

Anyone want to do sandwiches?

FGF 695 - Enduro Beckoning

FGF 695 - Enduro Beckoning
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevepitch
    Free Member

Not the first problem I’ve heard regarding the customer service.

smogmonster

Oh God, do we have to do this?

fasthaggis

leggyblonde
    Free Member

what make superstar components? how far they? really really big? butternut squash please.

sparksmcguff

They seem to be like the proverbial Marmite. You either love ’em or not… And their customer services is inconsistent at the least. Personally the one occasion that I ordered from them they billed me once and sent the item twice!

davesmate
    Free Member

White tea with one sugar please. Chocolate hob nob anyone?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

apparently I fitted my BB incorectly, they’d only warenty stuff if it had been installed by a trained mechanic. fitted the shells with SKF beairings and they’re still going, maybe they were really helping me by giving me extra practice in order to become ‘trained’.

Never buying from them again

hrcmonty
    Free Member

I try not to get involved in all this,

But i saw this Moan on the Superstar Facebook.

I Personally have ordered LOADS from Superstar, and most recently recieved a Floating Rotor,. the Rotor was in perfect condition, and i am Extremely happy with it.

I’m also extremely happy with the service i recieved when i communicated with them, about getting spare jockey wheel for the Laser chain device.

It seems you are making the process of getting your problem sorted, a million time worse by not following their procedure.

Fill a form in, send it back. Jobs done!!! Things happen, there called accidents.

Lets take the thousands of products sent out by superstar daily! Lets then look at how many are damaged on delivery. I bet Extremly little, Thus why should they change their packaging!!!

Just send you Rotor back and let them look at it. I’m sure their not blaming you for it being bent, by not sending a new out before you send the bent one back! It’s just the procedure and saftey they choose to adopt!

So answer to your question, i’ve found them bang on the money every time, and hats off to them for bringing us equipment which is from the same factories as nearly all Big Names, for fraction of the price!

I personally need that, as money is tight.

So Thankyou Superstar for being a superstar buisness!!!!

fasthaggis

Samwise ,life can be hard .
    See if Gandalf can sort it out for you ,or have a cake

sv

TJ may hep on this but I think they have to pay for the return postage. Then again Neil might not be so helpful or indeed operating legally…

cp

I’ve found them very good.

It’s pretty common to send goods that are damaged either in transit or break in use back to the company who supplied it before they send out a replacement. If it’s an issue at their end (i.e. in the supply of the product), then they refund you the return postage cost ONCE THEY’VE SEEN THE PROBLEM.

They don’t actually know that you haven’t fitted it yet. They also don’t know that you would send back the bent rotor if they were to send out a replacement… potentially leaving you with two rotors and them out of pocket.

It’s a hassle yes, particularly when you need something urgently, but that’s the pitfall of mail order, these things happen.

Bit weird of them to suggest bending it straight though – that’s not on.

EDIT – as above, you do seem to be making the process overly complicated! And hastlesome.

bigjim

At least you got a reply out of them.

I used to be a superstar fanbwoy but having had a pad backing come off last week and the other one dropping off with a fingernail touch, badly built wheels, and their recent pads being terribly mis-sized, the bromance is over.

argyle
    Free Member

user error here when my cranks from them would repeatedly work free from the bike.

o96192083
    Free Member

tl;dr

wwaswas

tl;dr

this.

mustard
    Free Member

I only buy small solid parts from them – like their centelock to 6 bolt adapters which are far cheaper than anyone elses, although when you compare them you can see why!.

He’ll have told you to bend it back so he can say you’ve bent it and voided the warranty. Possibly…

You are over complicating matters by not just posting it back though, if they accept liability they should refund you the postage.

Did you perhaps fit it with a rock? 🙂

He has a pretty bad rep on this forum for woefully bad customer service and astroturfing.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Pedals good, brake pads fine for the price, grips superb……. I had an issue with a bottom bracket though, twice the bearings have seized, first time it was blamed on them being “put in the cups the wrong way round at the factory” second time they tried to blame me for fitting them wrong, but replaced them as a “goodwill gesture”. I have to say though, they sent them back quick enough, pity they’re just crap.

smell_it
    Free Member

I essentially see them as similar to some of the chinese ebay seller’s banging out cheap stuff, but knowing that I am probably not paying for much QC or any decent customer service. If the item arrives and it’s fine, all is good and that company is ‘great’. But if there are any problems, then expect very little. They are selling cheap stuff probably on a low margin, and knowing that folk will always want a bargain so they will sell a lot of it. Given the current economic climate I predict they will grow and grow. To be fair, it also adds a little bit of excitement to your purchase, similar to putting a quid into a fruit machine. You want great customer service buy a Hope rotor.

Rubber_Buccaneer

There, their, they’re. Better now?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

rocketman
    Free Member

I think you very much get what you pay for with Superstar there are no bargains as such they simply sell cheap(er) components.

As above they’re fine for simple solid parts (brake adaptors, seat clamps) but I’ve given them more than a fair crack of the whip in the brake pad dept and simply cba to faff around with slightly inferior parts for the sake of a few quid.

mk1fan
    Free Member

The couple of times I’ve had issues I received prompt response, replacement or refund.

Then again I can say the same about my dealings with CRC.

Must be karma.

samwise
    Free Member

i havnt just sent it straight back as i worried after my experiences with them so far that they will just say warranty is voided because i bent it back upon there advice and then i will be the one out of pocket for rotor and postage to return it.

they havnt made it easy for me why should i just follow a procedure of a company i dont trust with good reason every other company ive ever ordered from and had prolems with a product has done the upmost to help me. chain reaction will always send a replacement and then just tell me to drop my return of at a collect+ place free of charge and when i had some dodgy tyres from them they told me not to bother n too just chuck them not we need them back for insection as we think its your fault.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

My mate bought a horrendously over-tensioned square wheel from them so I just don’t buy stuff from them. I almost did the other day, but discobrakes were cheaper!

mustard
    Free Member

why should i just follow a procedure of a company i dont trust

because otherwise you’ll be stuck with a useless bent rotor? The alternative is you don’t have a bent rotor and you’ve spent a quid or two on postage – you might even get a replacement if you’re lucky.

Milkie
    Free Member

kaesae
    Free Member

Had a few sets of pads fall apart recently and moved on, there stuff is OK, but from what I hear if the shit hits the fan, it’s your fan and the shit’s origin is none of thier beeswax!

16stonepig
    Free Member

CF, that’s filthy!

drookitmunter
    Free Member

I bought a set of pads from SS and they caused my frame to snap, my wife to leave me and my dog to get run over.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve ordered loads off them, only time I had to deal with customer service was when I ordered a 17t sprocket. They emailed me to apologise and asked if I wanted replacing refunding. I said replace with a 16 or 18. They sent me a 16, 17 & 18 with a note saying they’d found a 17 and could have one either side for free.

Can’t really complain at that can you?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This octopus chair is very, very comfy!

Now, an nice big slice of carrot cake and a mug of tea should make this a cracking thread

Big-Bud
    Free Member

no sadly your wife leaving you was your fault :D.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Thanks for reminding me. Just ordered another 4 sets of sintered pads from SS for my Shimano M785s. No broblems to report here.

schmiken

I’ve got some soup on the go and could bake a loaf if we’re gonna settle in for a long one?

zangolin
    Free Member

As others have said just send it back. Saw your posts on FB – seems a reasonable first response from SS – below.

Superstar Components Hi Sam, sorry to hear you’re having problems. If something is damaged in transit you should always return it to us for inspection and replacement as we advised. We advised bending the rotor back only if it was damaged following transit ie. during install or use, as this would not be covered under warranty.

chrisdw
    Free Member

was
    Free Member

This is nuts.

If something arrives faulty send it back. You can’t expect a company to refund you or send another out before you return your item. Thats crazy, people would always be trying it on!

Normal procedure:
    Item arrives faulty
    Contact company
    send item back
    company inspect it to see if its been run over or used incorrectly
    company send replacement or refund

Why should disc rotors be any different?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘SUPERSTAR COMPONENTS’ is closed to new replies.