Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Superstar code PSA.
  • zippykona

CONTROL25 seems to be doing half price on their control items.
    Seat post and stem for £18.99 . Very happy.

deviant
    Free Member

Took £17-ish off their carbon bars for me. Cheers!

z1ppy

cheers

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Thanks, knocked a few quid off some grips. 🙂 Anyone know how the ESI silicone grips compare to the Superstar ones?

hora
    Free Member

The Xenon carbon comp post, is that a light post at 227gm?

johnnystorm

I’ve got two pairs of their Silicone grips I’m happy with. I can’t compare directly with my Esi grips as they are extra chunkies.

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got the silicon grips. They’re ok. Very grippy. Hard to get on mind. I’d probably get the ones with the lock on. But personally prefer the lock on waffle ones. That might be cause I’ve quite small hand though and they’re quite chunky.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Xenon carbon comp post, is that a light post at 227gm?

if you’re thinking of it for your Ritchey then
    1) DON’T, put a proper Ritchey post on it
    2) many carbon posts are surprisingly heavy

I bought a Fizik Cyrano from CRC, lovely looking bit of kit but seemed to have used an old anvil for the head and weighed ~250grms, the same as the cheap OE ally post it was going to replace.

I think the justification for CF posts is flex/vibration damping rather than weight loss.

My Chinese “Bontrager” carbon post is ~180grms and cost £18 from Aliexpress, got it more as an experiment into the quality of cheap Chinese carbon but it is one of the lightest posts I’ve handled (ooer missus more tea vicar etc) and is a perfect cosmetic match for my frame.

If it is for the Ritchey what diameter do you need, I’ve got a Ritchey carbon post bought off here ages ago which is surplus to requirements – pretty sure its 31.6 which might be too big?

Northwind

The grips are a bit different to ESI, they’ve got similiar grip and I reckon they’ll be tougher but they’re a lot denser and less damped feeling- I’m never usually troubled with sore/tired hands but I used them a few times and every time, I knew all about it… So I went back to ESI and put them on my commuter.

YMMV of course, you might like them.

Hmm, the flat bars look good…

Milkie
    Free Member

Carbon Bars for £52.50, can’t find many reviews, I’ll give them a go 😕

Tracey

Ordered Abigale the carbon stealth AM wheels for her birthday last night with the extra £100 off. Not sure what the hubs will be like but if needs must will get them laced to some Hope hubs.
    Couldn’t find many reviews on them.

hora
    Free Member

Its a 27.2 sadly- got a link to the aliexpress one?

chakaping
    Free Member

The hubs are certainly good enough for most riders Tracey, I have them on my Tech 4 wheels.

Not a bad birthday pressie!

Tracey

Thanks for that, can the front be changed from 15mm to 20mm as easy as our Hope and Rovals.
    Bit of protection there as she keeps eying up my LB ones.

Clobber
    Free Member

So… which is bigger? ESI Extrachunky or superstar Racer grips, not interested in Lock-ons…

chakaping
    Free Member

The hubs are easy to swap between axles sizes yeah, quite nice to work on.

Tracey

Just been looking. Not sure that the front will take 20mm as its not an option when ordering the wheels.

breninbeener

Sorry, which hubs are the best/most seviceable….not the DTs, i cant afford them!

chakaping
    Free Member

Tracey it seems you are right.

Shocker!

Older versions were easy to change to 20mm. I wrongly assumed new would be similar.

😳

Tracey

Its only if we need to fit our spare forks. I’m sure we will be able to juggle to get round it. Will have the same problem with Kevins American Classics.

spawnofyorkshire

anyone got one of their saddles? Eyeing up the Peak saddle atm

breninbeener

Tracey, whats the code for money off wheels please?

stevied
    Free Member

Wheels discount was only available til midnight last night..

breninbeener

Damn, i will email and see what they say!

Alex

I wanted a flat bar for my Pyga. Keep looking at the Kenesis strut but never got round to buying one. At a smidge over 50 quid for the superstar one, I’ve given it a try. All the numbers look about right anyway.

ThePinkster

anyone got one of their saddles? Eyeing up the Peak saddle atm

I’ve got a Peak saddle and very pleased with it (just about to buy another for my BFe).

I bought it as a replacement for a WTB Pure after trashing mine last year, knackering the rails to the point where one was forced through the back of the saddle, and it’s a perfect replacement feels exactly the same butt-wise, really comfortable.

Also love the fact that it’s got Dark Peak contours & locations etched into it.

Tracey

Quick turnaround. Wheels are on there way.

nemesis
    Free Member

So, has anyone got one of the SSC Xenon carbon posts (the layback version)? Any good?

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/carbon-xenon-layback-seatpost.htm

Tracey

Wheels at work this morning. They look good and build feel ok. Will see how they perform against the LB build.
    Great turnround

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Superstar code PSA.’ is closed to new replies.