Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar chainring help please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Got one of those ovally jobs a month or so ago and still haven’t fitted as no one seems to stock the bolts. It’s the 32 tooth so therefore the thread is actually in the chainring and it bolts directly to the crank arm. They are 7mm, where can I get them from?

richardthird

Any std chainring bolts will go.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are they not m8 as standard? The ones off my descendant cranks and hope ring don’t fit. Am I being dim?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richardthird

Sorry, any std Shimano fit ones will go.

stevied
    Free Member

They’re M8 but fine pitch. Try running the bolt through the hole the other way just to see if there’s any burrs in the thread on the chainring. My SS one had a little burr on one of the holes so the bolt wouldn’t go in.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ah that’ll be the issue then. As I’ve asked for 7mm twice today and it seemed to confuse. I presume the head size is the same and will still fit into the recess on the descendant spider?

richardthird

I’ve got 2 of these exact rings and a million different bolts. All are M8.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve just been in to the maintenance shop at the place where I’m currently building and one of the fitters checked with the vernier, showing 7mm, he actually said before trying that’s 8mm and went and fetched a bolt which wouldn’t screw in.

timbur
    Free Member

Don’t over complicate it.
    Single speed chainring bolts should do you just fine.
    If you have a Shimano double chainset then the bolts from that will do nicely as well.

stevied
    Free Member

Did he try a standard M8 bolt? The bolts you need are (I think) 0.75mm pitch. Standard M8 is 1.25mm

kwack
    Free Member

I fitted the same a couple of weeks ago and took the bolts off a triple chainset that I had. Not sure the size but they were raceface ones

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar chainring help please.’ is closed to new replies.