• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Superstar – cancelling an order
  • stevious

Hi all,

Are superstar still a bit crap at email? They were a few years ago and I want to make sure the wheels I ordered from them don’t get sent. They’re not answering the phone and I can;t be arsed with the hassle of having to send them back and wait for a refund.

chakaping
    Free Member

Try social media.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Email them, refuse to sign for the package if they do send it, at least then you don’t have to send them back.

geoffj

Email them, refuse to sign for the package if they do send it, at least then you don’t have to send them back.

This ^

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I emailed asking to change the colour of an item I’d ordered. They emailed back about 20 minutes later, agreed to change the colour and dispatched the item. Can’t fault that for email service…

stevious

Cheers,

Have emailed them, but I know they’re busy after the sales this week. If the wheels arrive at work while I’m away then I can’t refuse to send them so will have to faff around sending them back.

Lets just hope they bother to read their emails…

stevious

UPDATE – They got the email and sorted it out. A much better experience than I had with them a few years ago!

belugabob
    Free Member

This post is lacking details – how did you know you needed to send the stuff back, before it had arrived? (or been sent, for that matter)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

much better experience than I had with them a few years ago!

This seems a fair summary of them and their product on the whole, personally I’ve nothing but fair to good experience with them and don’t know anyone who would tell me differently over the last year or two.

They don’t have the greatest of reputations but largely I think that’s old news (also the price point means the must be something wrong in a lot of minds) and the inevitable “I read it in the Internet that it happened once so I’ve adopted it as my own personal experience” you get with anything these days.

stevious

Dangeourbrain – hence the update. They weren’t that bad the last time but were a bit of a PITA to deal with, taking days to respond to emails and not answering the questions therein. Not bad enough to stop me buying from them.

belugabob – Ordered the wrong thing. They don’t have the thing I actually want.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

So im sure in there somewhere was a thankyou to supertsar.
    Ive had nothing but joy out of superstar even when things havent quite lasted as long as rhey should.
    There nano pedals are awesome the grips superb and there n/w chainrings spot on.
    ALWAYS next day delivery and the simple fact he,s built it up from nothing and staked his house on investing in equipment means he,s got my vote my money and my backing as a customer.
    Top work top company.
    There bb were shite btw but ive killed a ten times. More expensive hope one in six mths so can,t complain at £12 a pop and the fact he,s deleted them in favour of some pending brittish ones means he actually knows what the **** he,s doing.
    Fair play

chakaping
    Free Member

I just got my burly 29er wheels from the xmas offer they did last week.

At £130 for the pair, the service is gonna have to be **** diabolical to make me regret it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry Steveious, wasn’t intended as anything other than a (wordy) compliment and an agreement.

Always good to see people feeding back when they get a positive result

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

My bargain narrow wide chainring arrived today after emailing yesterday to change the colour. Fantastic service!

cp

I’ve had quite a bit of superstar stiff over the years – its all been delivered next day and no issues with any of it.

spud-face

Another thumbs up from me, I ordered some wheels, then noticed a few hours later that they had a better deal on facebook display. Email sent and next morning replied that they’d cancelled the order for me. I likey these switch/pacenti tl-28 wheels too. It’d take a monumental cockup for me to buy into the reputation they have in some corners of the internet
    PS switch clicky hub is nicely low volume too

rOcKeTdOg

Answered within an hour when I had a problem, sorted efficiently

andyl
    Free Member

they are a bit busy at the moment as they are knocking out some cracking deals.

I emailed them last night to ask if they would swap my 2 steel freehubs for aluminium ones as I figured I am going to be going for XT cassettes anyway so may as well save a big chunk of weight. Email back today to say no problem.

daveh
    Free Member

I rang them to change the delivery address, they answered, they changed the address. Seemed fair enough to me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Superstar – cancelling an order’ is closed to new replies.