Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar braided hose
  • monkey3
    Free Member

Has anyone used this hose and connectors? Is it any good and comparable to goodridge?

Im looking to do a couple of bikes so would work out a reasonable saving.

Here is the link: http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=430

Cheers, Dave

Tom83

I’ve got the non braided, not what you asked i know, but they were good quality, and the connectors although silver, matched the ones i replaced from the original xt brake set.

Backs a little spongy, but i think that’s me not bleeding it properly, and being too lazy to sort it!

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

It’s all about the connectors for me. I expect the worlds braided hose is all made in the same factory, Hope hose is Goodridge hose afterall.

I bought a Goodridge kit because of their connectors. Hopes connecters still use olives and can leak, Goodridge screw in and don’t leak. I don’t know what Superstars are like. I also use the stainless steel connectors not the coloured alu ones.

Goodridge are guaranteed for life – although I don’t know of the terms of this and whether they honour it.

monkey3
    Free Member

Ill have a closer look at superstar connectors.

Anyone else actually got the kit?

Cheers for replies

Terry
    Free Member

Waiting for a package containing braided hose, connector kit and pads from superstar, once fitted I will share my opinion. I have goodridge on my big bike, and tried hope on my trail 456. So should be able to compare quality and brake efficiency.

wheelz
    Free Member

The only review of the braided hoses on the Superstar website doesn’t look too promising…

Review here

monkey3
    Free Member

yep, doesnt look brill.

Terry let us know what you think.

julianwilson
    Free Member

there’s a thread on SDH including the Wisdom Of Neil on this. And no they aren’t made by goodridge who only make their own and Hope’s hoses. FWIW, in contrast to his time posting on here, Fruit/Neil would appear to be remakable transparent over on SDH, talking about which taiwanese company makes what for him, and not naming who else’s products his suppliers also make. 😆

Oh, by the way and slightly off topic, if anyone was wondering about the ‘secret’ budget DH bike/frame in this month’s dirt, it is dripping with old and new superstar bits. 😀

vikingboy
    Free Member

I got them for my Formula R1s and they were poor.

The connectors being the biggest issue. No bleed valve in the calliper nut made bleeding a nightmare. Wrong thread on the MC nut so had to reuse originals. Poorer quality barb thingy with no o-ring.
    Not worth the hassle IMHO, might as well use Goodridge and do the job right.
    Ive been meaning to email Superstar about their shoddy product.
    Oh yeah, the standard calliper screw with brass washers osnt long enough to engage fully…..
    The hose was ok.
    If goodridge is a 9/10, these are a 3 at best.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar braided hose’ is closed to new replies.