• This topic has 33 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Superstar …………………..again
  • ryan_c

Just felt the need to share that with everyone, notyhing against the products just the service and the T**T i keep having to talk to over the phone as my chain device still isn’t here 2 months after ordering!!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive been haveing “issues” with communication. Tried ringing – no answer, left massages, no call back.

Emailed – got a reply a couple of days later, responded, no reply several days later.

Sent a letter the other day – awaiting a reply……………

Not good 🙁

wors

I’ve ordered a set of wheels and some pedals from them in recent months. Sat on my desk the day after ordering, Personally can’t fault the service.

Del

😀
    it’s been a while since we had a fruit/neil/octopron thread.

colnagokid

Great timing, I just made a pot of tea, cuppa anyone?

thepodge
    Free Member

if you want customer service go to a shop. I suspect you chose superstar as they are cheap… part of that cheapness is not having someone sat at a desk answering calls and emails 24/7

thegman67

Anything I’ve ordered has arrived quickly but agree about phoning them you never them in always on to answer machine

ryan_c

Tbh ive ordered stuff before and it’s been fine other stuff has taken a while but this time it’s been too long.
    And although normally i can’t get through on the phone my main problem this time was getting through and talking to the elusive (except on forums posing as numerous alter egos) owner of superstar who was about as useful as t*ts on a nun!

Speshpaul

“if you want customer service go to a shop”

Very funny.

mudsux
    Free Member

One suspects superstar components is somebody’s hobby turned sideline business operation. I wouldn’t be surprised by lack of service. Mind you, if you’ve waited 2 months – why have you simply not canceled your order and bought elsewhere? Price too good?

hora
    Free Member

I don’t have any issues with superstar. Maybe its the angry male anglosaxons that don’t like him/them?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

My chain guide turned up next day. No problems.

thepodge – Member
    if you want customer service go to a shop.

I’m sorry Podge, but that’s balls, a customer should be treat no differently regardless of how they place there ordered.

Chain Reaction, Wiggle and On One manage it most of the time.

bigjim

Did it say it was instock when you ordered it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What happened to my post? Did the mod’s delete it? Was it too offensive to donkeys?

cb

He was on Bike Radar saying that email was best as they were behind on orders after a bike show

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

BTW. Does this mean that Superstar don’t have any of their very popular chain devices in stock ATM?

DT78
    Free Member

Well i spent a fair bit of time speaking to one of them at their stand at the london bike show this weekend, they seemed fine to me. I imagine as said above it’s because they’ve got behind as they were at the bike show.

cookeaa

I ordered some stuff once off the interweb for a pittance less than the shop round the corner would have charged…

It didn’t materialise instantly, and a free blowjob wasn’t included!!!!
    So I firebombed them….

Did I overreact?

Hard to say these days, apparently being kept waiting a while for bicycle parts is on a par with child abuse so effectively I torched a Kiddie fiddler, The Tabloids would approve I think…

Just for good measure tell us all about your late delivery story, I’m really interested by the whole topic now; will it arrive, won’t it arrive, what will you do if it’s not here soon?!??!!

Please tell us everything, the fine details only make such stories even more enthralling…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Took a week for some grips to come through for me no major problem because they responded to emails. I find them fine. I do try not to order online if i am desperate for things but sometimes the price is just too good.

hora
    Free Member

My Local bikeshop offered me a “50% off” disc rotor that actually turned out to be ‘mislabled’ at the till/sorry mate.

Whereas there are no shenanigans with people like Superstar.

They price their products correctly. That is key to me.

I_Ache
    Free Member

cookeaa: Of course it wont arrive because you firebombed them this explains why orders arnt getting out and why nobody can get hold of them. Its all cookeaas fault!

stumpy01

Only ever ordered brake pads from them. So far, they have ALWAYS arrived next day & I have not had any problem with them at all.

Only time I called them was to ask if I could return some unused Julie Pads that I didn’t need as I’d got rid of the brakes. Got through to someone straight away.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I sent them an email this morning at 11:10 to ask a question about a secondhand pair of Superstar Wheels I’m thinking of buying. I got an answer 2 hours later. That, I think, is pretty darn good.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Next day for me and that’s to Inverness. Can’t fault that.

Kit
    Free Member

My Local bikeshop offered me a “50% off” disc rotor that actually turned out to be ‘mislabled’ at the till/sorry mate.

Whereas there are no shenanigans with people like Superstar.

They price their products correctly. That is key to me.

Yeah, because online shops never get it wrong, do they?!

You’ve not taken me up on my offer yet Hora…

BoardinBob

Ordered wheels on a Monday night from Superstar.

Despatch email at 10am on Tuesday morning.

Received them on Wednesday morning.

Always had good service from them so no complaints here.

pistola
    Free Member

Have to say I’ve ordered a few bits’n’bobs from them and they’ve always arrived very quickly with no problems.

hora
    Free Member

Hi, Kit what was your offer??

bigjim

I emailed a query to Superstar at COP and had a reply waiting when i logged in next morning, can’t beat that.

tempted by a set of their SwitchEVO/Stans wheels. Anyone got ’em?

hora
    Free Member

Bollocks I thought you were offering me sex 😐

mk1fan
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Maybe its the angry male anglosaxons that don’t like him/them?

You ladies are always more patient. :mrgreen:

MrGreedy

No doubt they have some good products, I nearly gave in and bought some of their grips at the London bike show. However, I just can’t get past how much of an expletive the guy running it was for shilling his stuff and generally being an arse on here, and for that reason he’ll never have a penny of my money. I suspect many others feel the same way too.

hora
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me. Tescos are pretty low but it doesn’t stop the majority of people shopping there

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Superstar …………………..again’ is closed to new replies.