Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superstar Anodising?
  • domcapper
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking at getting some blue superstar nano tech pedals, just wondering how long the anodising lasts on these, and other superstar products, I’ve heard they can wear very quickly?

Cheers
    Dom

wiggles
    Free Member

The pedals do wear a bit, mine are a year old and starting to go a bit pink (started off red) already got another set in the cupboard…

Wouldn’t say it is any faster than I would expect, all my other superstar bits are stems and bars etc so nothing that really gets worn so can’t coment on them…

reedspeed
    Free Member

Even the likes of Hope products fades over time,as does all anodising !,try & keep away from it with bike washing cleaners like muck off etc..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just don’t get them dirty or wet and keep them out of sunlight.

FOG

My orange ones have been fine but my mates yellow ones have chipped badly and he is not such a serial pedal striker as me.

takisawa2

Op, sorry for shamelessly nudging in, but can I ask if anyone has the Superstarcomponents hubs, with the white band around the centre…
    Does the white bit come off ?
    Is it just a sticker ?

vincienup
    Free Member

My Nanos haven’t really worn or faded, and where the finish is impared it’s because I’m crap at keeping my feet away from rocks at times and really there’s only so much you can expect a finish to cope with.

Still impressed with my Nanos and still think that for the money you’d be pushed to find a better pedal. Just wish it still came in white… 😉

torihada
    Free Member

really? i’ve got various superstar pedals; orange, black & white. as long as they still spin and the pins are still ok who cares if they’re chipped or faded?

vincienup
    Free Member

torihada – Member

really? i’ve got various superstar pedals; orange, black & white. as long as they still spin and the pins are still ok who cares if they’re chipped or faded?

+1… doesn’t bother me in the slightest… 🙂

timidwheeler

The white band is just a sticker. I had a half-hearted attempt to remove it before deciding I didn’t have the time or the will to do a proper job of it. I presumed that the mud and rain would get rid of it. Annoyingly 18 months later it is still perfectly intact.

rOcKeTdOg

my white pedals are now almost entirely original alloy, they are 3 years old though

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Anodising?’ is closed to new replies.