Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Superstar AM Carbon Rims
  • sparkerfix

What’s the consensus of the ST massive? They seem good value for carbon. Could even be tempted with King hubs. It’s to upgrade an existing bike in 26″ flavour. Any thoughts pos or neg appreciated. Ta.

nickc

The build of mine were the best I’ve ever seen (Tesla hubs on Pacenti TL28), hubs are fine in of themselves, I’m going to change the rims for something less cheese based.

I wouldn’t be in a rush to get another set from them

dai21t
    Free Member

I’ve got the carbon am rims on my stumpjumper. They’ve covered about 1000miles so far with no issues. It is hard work to get the specialized tyres on as they are very tight. I haven’t tried any other makes get though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

Abigale has them on her Enduro, bought when they had the 25% sale on. First impressions of the build are good. Will see how they hold up to 3 1/2 weeks in the Alps. Im running LBs on Hope hubs so should be able to do a like for like comparison

Running Specialized Butcher/ Purgatory combo. Tyre bead needs to be in the middle of rim for ease of fitting.

russyh
    Free Member

I have had a pair for about 6 months now and given them a kicking. Build quality was fine, rim quality is fantastic. Setup tubeless straight away. Just wish they offered hope hubs as a complete build . But even the standard ss hubs have been faultless to be honest. I would buy another pair tomorrow!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’ve just been looking at these too in 27.5/650b size and had 2 questions which could also apply to your 26inch decision:
    1) What’s the difference between the Switch Ultra Edition and the AM Carbon Wheelset? The Ultra Edition are significantly cheaper…
    2) Is it likely another 25% off deal will come up any time soon?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Superstar AM Carbon Rims’ is closed to new replies.